Author Topic: NBC is slammed for report about black people needing 'safe spaces' to camp to avoid 'trauma' from wh  (Read 1228 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NBC is slammed for report about black people needing 'safe spaces' to camp to avoid 'trauma' from white people who might have Trump flags

NBC BLK reporter Char Adams penned an essay describing several black-led outdoor groups working to 'provide safe spaces for black people'
    The report focused on creating 'safe spaces' so that black people can avoid 'harassment' and 'trauma' from white people at campsites
    Conservatives on Twitter criticized the report, accusing NBC of race-baiting

By Melissa Koenig For Dailymail.Com

Published: 21:16 EDT, 26 July 2023 | Updated: 08:56 EDT, 27 July 2023

NBC News has been slammed online for a report about black people needing 'safe spaces' to enjoy outdoor activities.

NBC BLK reporter Char Adams described in a recently-revived June essay several black-led outdoor groups working to 'provide safe spaces for black people to enjoy outdoor activities and dispel myths that the outdoors doesn't belong to us.'

The report focused heavily on creating racially segregated 'safe spaces' so that black people can avoid 'harassment' and 'trauma' from white people who might fly 'Trump flags' at campsites. 

Adams explained that the groups were founded to combat racism from the Jim Crow Era barring African Americans from National Parks, and current stereotypes that black people do not enjoy outdoor activities.

Many on Twitter criticized the report after NBC News re-shared it on Tuesday, saying the media outlet was race-baiting.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12342489/NBC-slammed-black-people-safe-spaces-camp.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

current stereotypes that black people do not enjoy outdoor activities
:facepalm2:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
If there's a stereotype about blacks not liking the outdoors, it's a stereotype likely held by rich, white, overly-educated leftists and nobody else.

Offline mountaineer

If there's a stereotype about blacks not liking the outdoors, it's a stereotype likely held by rich, white, overly-educated leftists and nobody else.
Yeah, it hadn't occurred to me.  :shrug:

Online Kamaji

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Yeah right Blacks don't enjoy the outdoors, if they so disliked it why were they always out pickin cotton or working in the fields? That's Sarcasm!!

Don't drunk post they told me, did I listen?

I guess all the Black cowboys didn't know they weren't supposed to like the outdoors.

No one knows exactly how many cowboys there were (or exactly how that title was defined). But a number of estimates by historians, including Kenneth Porter, estimate that of the 35,000 or so cowboys of the era, about 6,000 to 9,000 were Black. They worked as ropers, trail cooks, wranglers and bronco busters.

Offline roamer_1

SOOO predictable... They don't stop to think that there are many redneck blacks and Hispanics...

what they claim is hilarious.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Camping is were you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person.  That is the reason Blacks don't do camping.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
NBC News has been slammed online for a report about black people needing 'safe spaces' to enjoy outdoor activities.

@mystery-ak

Car jacking is an outdoor activity.

So is "rat packing".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
SOOO predictable... They don't stop to think that there are many redneck blacks and Hispanics...

what they claim is hilarious.

@roamer_1

That's because most of those goobers are purely city creatures. If it doesn't happen in a city,it doesn't happen.

I can't be the only one that has noticed the attitude difference between rural blacks and city blacks. Not to mention the huge difference in racial attitudes between country  whites and city whites pre-1970's.

Rural people tended to help each other in time of need,regardless of race.

The media blacks are all life-long city dwellers and completely politically indoctrinated by the left,so they mostly know nothing about these things.

Want to watch  a city blacks head explode? Tell them there are a lot of black country music fans.

Then tell them about Charlie Pride being a big country  music star if you really  want to watch  their heads  explode.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 10:31:31 am by sneakypete »

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

That's because most of those goobers are purely city creatures. If it doesn't happen in a city,it doesn't happen.

I can't be the only one that has noticed the attitude difference between rural blacks and city blacks. Not to mention the huge difference in racial attitudes between country  whites and city whites pre-1970's.

Rural people tended to help each other in time of need,regardless of race.

The media blacks are all life-long city dwellers and completely politically indoctrinated by the left,so they mostly know nothing about these things.

Want to watch  a city blacks head explode? Tell them there are a lot of black country music fans.

Then tell them about Charlie Pride being a big country  music star if you really  want to watch  their heads  explode.

@sneakypete

One of the most poignant images I remember from hurricane relief was an airboat, largely painted with the rebel flag... two very obvious good ol boys, hands reaching, to help a black family onboard.

that one pic said volumes.

Offline goatprairie

The wife and I don't camp, but if you judge the desire of blacks to sample the great outdoors by national park and monument attendance, there is no desire.
In the past twenty years we've visited national parks and monuments hundreds of times across the country.
We can count the numbers of black people we've seen all those times on one hand.
I was amused a few years ago about a story in the Tucson news of two black thieves caught robbing cars in Saguaro National Park a few years ago. We didn't see them (and our car wasn't robbed), but they would have been the only black persons we've seen in that park since we started spending winters in Tucson seven years ago and visiting the national park a number of times on each visit.
But seeing black people at any of the numerous nat. parks and monuments we've visited would have been a huge surprise.
They're welcome to come and see the beauty of our nat. parks and monuments. As long as they're not robbing cars.

Offline mountaineer

But the TV commercials show a great many black folks (no one other than black folks, come to think of it) canoeing, hiking, zip lining, you name it!  :pondering:

Offline goatprairie

But the TV commercials show a great many black folks (no one other than black folks, come to think of it) canoeing, hiking, zip lining, you name it!  :pondering:
That's because, judging by the numbers of blacks in tv commercials, the county is 50% black or more. :tongue2:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
That's because, judging by the numbers of blacks in tv commercials, the county is 50% black or more. :tongue2:
But most of them are in interracial marriages or relationships so does that reduce the percentage?

Offline goatprairie

But most of them are in interracial marriages or relationships so does that reduce the percentage?
Who knows? From recent surveys it seems that many people believe the country is at least one third black, twenty percent homosexual, and 95% pro abortion on demand.
Reality, as I'm sure you know, is a lot different.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

So African-Americans want to return to "Separate, But Equal" or "Apartheid"?

Sure it isn't just thin-skinned elite liberals trying to avoid having to socialize with their Neanderthal MAGA inferiors?  It's bad enough they've had put up with Deplorables.

Diversity and Tolerance applies to persons and ideas you don't like or don't agree with, too.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

So African-Americans want to return to "Separate, But Equal" or "Apartheid"?
Apparently:
‘I wish my sons had a space like this:’ School for Black boys coming to North City
By Melanie Johnson
Published: Jul. 27, 2023 at 11:28 PM EDT

ST. LOUIS (KMOV) - A school catered to Black boys is coming to north St. Louis.

“For me, this school in North St. Louis will be a safe haven for boys,” says Cortaiga Collin, founder of Good Shepherd Academy for Boys. “There is somebody that still believes in them.”

Studies show African American males face harsher penalties in school and test lower in reading compared to every other subgroup.

Collins founded Good Shepherd for Early Learning more than a decade ago while raising two Black sons. ...

The Good Shepherd Academy for Boys will be one of the first Black boy pre-schools of its kind in the nation. ...
KMOV

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Hey, I'm all for this.

Put it all on them.

Don't let them have any white people to blame for failure.

Believe it or not, that worked in the '60s when black kids were pushing for scholarships on academics, not just handling a ball.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
My wife goes hiking and camping almost every weekend, going to different trails and camp sites in many states. 

she claims SHE HAS NEVER SEEN A BLACK PERSON ON THE TRAILS.  NEVER.

I also have gone camping and hiking, and the same for me.  Not one black.

Because blacks are not outdoors participating in hiking and camping, that does not mean there is any racism involved.  Fact is, it could be argued they have no interest, no desire to sink money into the gear, who knows why, but racism is not the reason.

I attended a party recently with my wife, a friend of her's that was showing pictures taken from her many hikes over the past year.  Not one black there.  And this woman lives on trails, she goes so often.  There were at least 50 people there, and all of them were whites, Asian, or Hispanic.  Not one black.  And I would be greatly surprised if any of the attendees were racist.  Most were uber liberals.  I bit my tongue the whole night not uttering one word of what I thought about liberal this or that.  Biden was repeatedly praised, and I could have easily barfed at it all.  I just suffered through the evening, mostly smiling.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
My wife goes hiking and camping almost every weekend, going to different trails and camp sites in many states. 

@jafo2010

I SUSPECT a large part of that is due to most blacks either being born in the ghetto,and never being exposed to that sort of lifestyle/hobby,or being born in a rural area and "regular life" was "real enough" for them (and whites born in rural areas as well) that they didn't have any need  to "rough it" on weekends.

The "Urbans" are really missing out because just being able to sit in a bank somewhere and watch the sun sink into  the horizon with the sounds of nature like moving water trickling the only sounds to be heard, is truly something special in this world. I know when I used to get stressed I could do that,and literally FEEL the pressure  "floating away"

Of course,rural blacks AND rural whites don't have to go camping  to  get that release. All they need to do is sit on their porches  in silence as the sun sets.

If any of you have never tried this,you owe it to yourself to  give  it  a try. No talking allowed,no radio,no nothing  but the sounds  of nature.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 11:57:55 pm by sneakypete »

Offline goatprairie

Apparently:KMOV
I read that too on the CBS News St. Louis website.
So, what if some white people said that they were going to create a segregated school just for white kids? You know the screeching from liberals that would emerge from that, right?
Liberals are completely unable to see the hypocrisy in many of the positions they take.
Black kids don't need separate facilities. They need tough discipline at home and at school.
Since most of them don't get disciplined by their single mothers at home, they don't know how to act when they get to school.
Many black kids in many major cities are already going to schools where they're in the overwhelming majority. It ain't the "unfair" discipline they receive at those schools.
It's the lack discipline at home that leads to their problems at school.

Offline goatprairie

Hey, I'm all for this.

Put it all on them.

Don't let them have any white people to blame for failure.

Believe it or not, that worked in the '60s when black kids were pushing for scholarships on academics, not just handling a ball.
From what I've seen, read, and heard for the past sixty years, black liberals will NEVER!!! stop blaming white people for their problems no matter how many new programs are created for them or whatever else is done for them.
 Evil Whitey will ALWAYS!!! be the villain and the cause of their problems.

Offline goatprairie

Because blacks are not outdoors participating in hiking and camping, that does not mean there is any racism involved.  Fact is, it could be argued they have no interest, no desire to sink money into the gear, who knows why, but racism is not the reason.

I attended a party recently with my wife, a friend of her's that was showing pictures taken from her many hikes over the past year.  Not one black there.  And this woman lives on trails, she goes so often.  There were at least 50 people there, and all of them were whites, Asian, or Hispanic.  Not one black.  And I would be greatly surprised if any of the attendees were racist.  Most were uber liberals.  I bit my tongue the whole night not uttering one word of what I thought about liberal this or that.  Biden was repeatedly praised, and I could have easily barfed at it all.  I just suffered through the evening, mostly smiling.
The wife and I winter in Arizona every year for at least a month or more. We go to many of the hiking and walking trails around the Tucson area. We not only never see any black people, we rarely see any Hispanic looking people on the trails although the area has a very large Hispanic population.
Maybe some people just don't like The Great Outdoors.