Author Topic: Radical abortion amendment officially to appear on Ohio ballot in November  (Read 550 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Radical abortion amendment officially to appear on Ohio ballot in November
‘We ask all Ohioans, who love life, to join us in rejecting this extreme amendment,’ Ohio Right to Life CEO Peter Range said.

Tue Jul 25, 2023 - 8:31 pm EDT

BeyondWords

COLUMBUS, Ohio (LifeSiteNews) — A proposal to create a state constitutional amendment enshrining abortion as a “right” in Ohio has officially garnered sufficient valid signatures to land on the ballot in November. The news comes as a recent poll found that some 58% of Ohio voters support the radical amendment.

State officials said Tuesday that the proposal, drafted by the ACLU of Ohio, would appear on the ballot.

Pro-abortion groups had gathered a total of 700,000 signatures in favor of the ballot initiative across Ohio over the span of 12 weeks, according to local ABC affiliate News 5 Cleveland.

Republican Secretary of State Frank LaRose determined that, of the submitted 700,000, a final tally of 495,938 were valid, crossing the threshold for the required 413,487 signatures. LaRose will now pass along the initiative to the Ohio Ballot Board, which will create the language describing the proposal that will be used on the ballot in November.

According to the language of the proposal, which would amend Article I of the Ohio state constitution, “[e]very individual has a right to make and carry out one’s own reproductive decisions, including but not limited to decisions on contraception, fertility treatment, continuing one’s own pregnancy, miscarriage care and abortion.”

The state is thereby prohibited from setting up any barriers against “an individual’s voluntary exercise of this right.”

more
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/radical-abortion-amendment-officially-to-appear-on-ohio-ballot-in-november/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

This may end up flipping Ohio in 2024 to the "D" column as this will bring out left leaning voters
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy