Author Topic: Texas woman pleads guilty to drug trafficking charge, faces life in prison  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
JULY 26, 2023ALPINE, TXNARCOTICS
Texas woman pleads guilty to drug trafficking charge, faces life in prison

ALPINE, Texas — A West Texas woman pleaded guilty July 25 in a federal court in Alpine to possessing with intent to distribute methamphetamine and fentanyl following an investigation by Homeland Security Investigations (HSI).

According to court documents, Cherakee Lee Perez, 33, of Presidio County, provided a negative declaration during a U.S. Customs and Border Protection vehicle inspection at the Presidio Port of Entry from Mexico into the United States. However, a drug-detecting K-9 discovered 29 packages containing approximately 4.5 kilograms of methamphetamine and 13 packages containing 7 kilograms of fentanyl in her vehicle.

Perez’s sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 23. She faces a penalty of 10 years to life in prison. A federal district court judge will determine her sentence after considering the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/texas-woman-pleads-guilty-drug-trafficking-charge-faces-life-prison
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson