Author Topic: Experts Warn Biden’s Water Heater Crackdown Will Hike Prices, Reduce Choice  (Read 499 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY THOMAS CATENACCI ON JUL 26, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Experts Warn Biden’s Water Heater Crackdown Will Hike Prices, Reduce Choice

Energy experts and industry groups are warning that the Biden administration’s latest home appliance crackdown on water heaters will, like other energy efficiency regulations, harm American consumers.

The Department of Energy (DOE) proposed energy efficiency regulations on water heaters late Friday, saying the new standards would go into effect in 2029 and save Americans billions of dollars while reducing carbon emissions. [emphasis, links added]

However, experts interviewed by Fox News Digital said the standards would ban cheaper alternatives, create minimal utility bill savings, and reduce consumer choice.

“Their plan is to electrify everything they possibly can because they are under this distorted fantasy that renewables will be plentiful and cheap and reliable. They are none of the above,” said Mark Krebs, a mechanical engineer, energy policy consultant, and former DOE adviser.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/experts-warn-bidens-water-heater-crackdown-will-hike-prices-reduce-choice/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajorClay

I will not comply

Online DefiantMassRINO

I chose to install an oil hot water heater because, my reading at the time said that oil would better than electric.  Natural gas was not an option, and propane is too scary.

If it was more efficient, more productive, or less expensive, people would already be doing it.

In their drive to electrify everything, do they realize they are concentrating risk?  Have they forgotten about the historic blackouts of the past?

Northeast Blackout (1965) ...
New York City (1977) ...
West Coast Blackout (1982) ...
Western North America Blackout (1996) ...
North Central U.S. (1998) ...
Northeast Blackout of (2003) ...
Southwest Blackout of (2011) ...
Derecho Blackout (2012)
Hurricane Sandy (2012)

The 2003 Northeast Blackout was a cascading failure precipitated by a tree falling on power lines in Ohio.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.