Author Topic: Energy Trades Condemn Biden Administration's Baseless Restrictions on Offshore Energy Operations  (Read 478 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Energy Trades Condemn Biden Administration's Baseless Restrictions on Offshore Energy Operations

202.682.8114 | press@api.org

WASHINGTON, July 21, 2023 — The American Petroleum Institute (API), EnerGeo Alliance and  National Ocean Industries Association (NOIA) today released the following statement in response to the announced Stipulated Stay Agreement in Sierra Club v. National Marine Fisheries Service:

"The men and women of America's energy industry take seriously their responsibilities to the communities and the environment where they live and work. This private settlement agreement between the federal government and environmental activists places unfounded restrictions on operations in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico that severely hamper America's ability to produce energy in a region that is responsible for the lowest carbon-intensive barrels in the world. Despite no evidence to warrant this far-reaching ban on operations after extensive data collections, today’s agreement undermines the integrity of legitimate conservation and habitat protection efforts, violates the explicit directives of Congress in enacting the Inflation Reduction Act, and harms America’s energy independence."

API represents all segments of America’s natural gas and oil industry, which supports nearly 11 million U.S. jobs and is backed by a growing grassroots movement of millions of Americans. Our approximately 600 members produce, process and distribute the majority of the nation’s energy, and participate in API Energy Excellence®, which is accelerating environmental and safety progress by fostering new technologies and transparent reporting. API was formed in 1919 as a standards-setting organization and has developed more than 800 standards to enhance operational and environmental safety, efficiency and sustainability.

https://www.api.org/news-policy-and-issues/news/2023/07/21/energy-trades-condemn-administrations-baseless-offshore-restriction
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajorClay

Online DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

... but you can build offshore windfarms, regardless of how many whales will be killed.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.