Author Topic: Ron DeSantis’ Hamptons fundraiser flops — while RFK Jr., Trump rake it in  (Read 256 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ron DeSantis’ Hamptons fundraiser flops — while RFK Jr., Trump rake it in
NY Post, Jul 26, 2023

Ron DeSantis scrapped two Hamptons fundraisers last weekend due to a lack of interest — while rival Donald Trump and upstart candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. raked in massive piles of cash, sources told On The Money.

The tale of the three fundraisers shows DeSantis’ hopes for snaring the Republican nomination are quickly fading as Trump dominates the GOP field and RFK Jr. gains momentum.

“I don’t know anyone who went,” added longtime GOP fundraiser Caroline Wren. “George Santos could’ve pulled off a better fundraising swing in the Hamptons than Ron DeSantis did this past weekend.”

As On The Money previously reported, DeSantis had cut in half — from $6,600 per person to $3,300 — the price to attend the July 20 fundraiser in Southampton.

But despite being discounted and heavily promoted — and with New York Republican groups sending email blasts the day before the event — attendance was underwhelming, a source with knowledge of the campaign told On The Money.

Big-money backers like Ken Griffin and Stephen Schwarzman stayed away altogether. Worse yet, the campaign canceled plans for two other events because “they couldn’t find hosts,” a source with knowledge told On The Money.

[...]

Trump, meanwhile, raked in some serious cash in a small town in North Carolina over the weekend. According to multiple sources, the former president raised more than $2 million.

The continued support for the former president, who is running away in the polls, doesn’t bode well for DeSantis’ once-promising run for the Oval Office.

“They’re starting to look at other places,” Wren said. “Some are looking at [South Carolina Sen.] Tim Scott, some are turning to RFK Jr. and some in the GOP are coming home to Trump.”

https://nypost.com/2023/07/26/ron-desantis-fundraisers-flop-while-rfk-jr-trump-rake-it-in/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=message_app

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Why Ron losing his big donors is a double whammy for him:

Offline libertybele

Well then, it's time for Ron to dust it off and step down.  IF he wins the Iowa primary then I'd say polls and info are wrong.

As it stands now, I am glad our good governor will be staying in FL as it looks like the DEMS will be seated in '24.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Well then, it's time for Ron to dust it off and step down.  IF he wins the Iowa primary then I'd say polls and info are wrong.

As it stands now, I am glad our good governor will be staying in FL as it looks like the DEMS will be seated in '24.

And the Repub govenors will be need for the overreach that will come from a Democrat administration in the next few years. I used to question if Biden would really step down or not before 2024. But what I've seen lately, I can't see him able to do a vigorous campaign

RFKjr is there. I can see both Newsome and Whitmer trying for it.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy