Author Topic: Fox Staff Anonymously Revolted Against Greg Gutfeld Over Recent Comments  (Read 1068 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Fox Staff Anonymously Revolted Against Greg Gutfeld Over Recent Comments
 Martin Walsh July 26, 2023

Fox News employees anonymously said they were appalled by host Greg Gutfeld’s remarks about the Holocaust, according to a new report.

During an episode Monday on “The Five,” liberal co-host Jessica Tarlov got into a heated debate with Gutfeld and the other hosts while discussing the recently approved Florida Black history curriculum. Liberals are pointing to one section that teaches that “slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.” Republicans have come out and said that the snippet lacks context.

That debate heated up when Tarlov, who said she was Jewish, asked a hypothetical analogizing the Florida standards to a similar the premise of millions of Jewish people killed by the Nazis.

Tarlov said: “I do think that she read the whole thing, and I think that it’s an incredibly complex piece when you look at it, 191 passages. You have some good… And frankly, I’m just fundamentally uncomfortable with the sentence that Blacks benefited at all from this. And. You know, it made me think of someone. Obviously, I’m not Black, but I’m Jewish. Would someone say about the Holocaust, for instance, that there were some benefits for Jews? Right? While they were hanging out in concentration camps. You learned a strong work ethic, right? Maybe you learned a new skill.”

Gutfeld responded: “Did you ever read ‘Man’s Search for Meaning’? Vik Frankel talks about how you had to survive in a concentration camp by having skills. You had to be useful. Utility, utility kept you alive!”

WATCH:

And according to The Daily Beast’s Justin Baragona, several Fox News insiders said they were angry and “disgusted” by Gutfeld’s comments.

more
https://conservativebrief.com/fox-staff-75251/?utm_source=CB&utm_medium=1126
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Slavery did not benefit slaves.  It did benefit slaveholders, slave traders, and their descendants.

They way I can relate is if someone said "The Irish benefited from the Great Potatoe Famine".

We need to learn all history - good and bad - to better understand how we became who we are as a nation.

History is an additive endeavor; not a subtractive endeavor.

Revisionists attempt to redefine the past so they can weaponize ignorance to their pursuit of more power.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Move along Fox Corp snowflakes, nothing to see here.  Gutfeld is a sarcastic little pri(k.  But the perpetually offend will always be offended.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

Slavery did not benefit slaves.  It did benefit slaveholders, slave traders, and their descendants.

They way I can relate is if someone said "The Irish benefited from the Great Potatoe Famine".

We need to learn all history - good and bad - to better understand how we became who we are as a nation.

History is an additive endeavor; not a subtractive endeavor.

Revisionists attempt to redefine the past so they can weaponize ignorance to their pursuit of more power.
But nowhere in the curriculum was there a mention that slavery benefited blacks. Only one out of 191 provisions said that some slaves learned skills that helped them when they were freed.
That's it. The great majority of the other provisions concentrated on the evils of slavery.
From that one clause liberals chose to lie that the curriculum, mostly devised by two black persons, said that slavery benefited blacks. Which is totally false.
Someone else wrote that out of great evil sometimes good things occurred. Like the fact that some concentration camp inmates who met during WWII later got married after they were rescued from the camps by Allied soldiers.
Nowhere does that make the Holocaust any less evil only that even during those terrible times some people managed to find a speck of happiness.
Ditto for the slaves who learned skills during their captivity. How can anybody say that slaves learning skills they could use when freed was a bad thing? Then slaves should not have been taught skills?
Ridiculous.

Online Hoodat

But nowhere in the curriculum was there a mention that slavery benefited blacks. Only one out of 191 provisions said that some slaves learned skills that helped them when they were freed.
That's it. The great majority of the other provisions concentrated on the evils of slavery.
From that one clause liberals chose to lie that the curriculum, mostly devised by two black persons, said that slavery benefited blacks. Which is totally false.

Spot on.

Here is a link to the Florida document if anyone is interested:  https://www.fldoe.org/core/fileparse.php/20653/urlt/6-4.pdf

The benchmark clarification is on p. 6.  This is a course on African-American history, not a political diatribe on slavery.  No one is saying that slavery was good, or that the Holocaust was good.  But for a slave, developing any kind of skill that would keep one out of doing the hardest work was definitely a benefit.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Blacks going on about slavery from 150+ years ago today is pure hypocrisy to me.  When there are more slaves today than existed 150 years ago, where is their perspective.  When children can get snatched from anywhere including from their homes and forced into sex slavery right here in the USA, where are their minds?  Clueless, that is where.

There are always lessons learned in every endeavor, including those that are derive from a very dark event like the Final Solution perpetrated by many that hated Jews and other groups.  To mention that folks learned to do things to survive in the camps does not lessen the negative experience of the events.  I do not see anything wrong with what Gutfeld said.  I could be wrong, but he was referencing words from a book written by a Jewish man about the real life experiences of Jews in the concentration camps.  Gutfeld claims to be an atheist, and his reference carries no basis in racism.

Tarlov is one of the more intelligent liberal idiots, and her analogy has no relevant bearing on anything happening in Florida today with curriculum.  Her analogy is grossly false, and so typical of the limited mind of a liberal.  Reference the damn Nazis to end discussion. 

Offline goatprairie

Blacks going on about slavery from 150+ years ago today is pure hypocrisy to me.  When there are more slaves today than existed 150 years ago, where is their perspective.  When children can get snatched from anywhere including from their homes and forced into sex slavery right here in the USA, where are their minds?  Clueless, that is where.

There are always lessons learned in every endeavor, including those that are derive from a very dark event like the Final Solution perpetrated by many that hated Jews and other groups.  To mention that folks learned to do things to survive in the camps does not lessen the negative experience of the events.  I do not see anything wrong with what Gutfeld said.  I could be wrong, but he was referencing words from a book written by a Jewish man about the real life experiences of Jews in the concentration camps.  Gutfeld claims to be an atheist, and his reference carries no basis in racism.

Tarlov is one of the more intelligent liberal idiots, and her analogy has no relevant bearing on anything happening in Florida today with curriculum.  Her analogy is grossly false, and so typical of the limited mind of a liberal.  Reference the damn Nazis to end discussion.
I have directly put the question to the libs on a number of internet talk forums: was it a bad thing for slaves to learn skills?
I have yet to get a logical answer. Because they know I'm right, and they're squawking just to squawk.
However Florida put together the curriculum, the libs would have screeched about it because it wasn't put together under a liberal governor. It's all because DeSantis is the governor. And they won't give him credit for anything.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Funny she should bring up Sally Hemmings, but not James Hemmings nor mention John Hemmings both of whom acquired incredible skills, one as a chef (among other things), the other as a master joiner (cabinetmaker), known as one of the best anywhere.

Despite laws which forbid slaves from being educated, their owners found it expedient to teach them reading, writing, and math, at least at a rudimentary level, but often beyond that.

Trades were useful to any farming operation, from coopers to chandlers, to wheelwrights, carpenters especially, and even those who could fix or build boats. Names today even reflect that, as I have known black Coopers, Smiths (as in blacksmith), Carpenters, Chandlers, and even a Boatwright, surnames which reflected the trades of their ancestors.

Some even took as a surname the name of the family which had owned them upon manumission.

No mention of George Washington Carver in the clip, born a slave, become an agronomist, a chemist, (first African American to earn a Bachelor's Degree), who developed peanut butter (the invention of which is now credited to the Incas) and hundreds of uses for peanuts, soybeans, pecans and sweet potatoes. 

From https://www.history.com/topics/black-history/george-washington-carver
Born on a farm near Diamond, Missouri, the exact date of Carver’s birth is unknown, but it’s thought he was born in January or June of 1864.

Nine years prior, Moses Carver, a white farm owner, purchased George Carver’s mother Mary when she was 13 years old. The elder Carver reportedly was against slavery, but needed help with his 240-acre farm.

When Carver was an infant, he, his mother and his sister were kidnapped from the Carver farm by one of the bands of slave raiders that roamed Missouri during the Civil War era. They were resold in Kentucky.

Moses Carver hired a neighbor to retrieve them, but the neighbor only succeeded in finding George, whom he purchased by trading one of Moses’ finest horses. Carver grew up knowing little about his mother or his father, who had died in an accident before he was born.

Moses Carver and his wife Susan raised the young George and his brother James as their own and taught the boys how to read and write.

James gave up his studies and focused on working the fields with Moses. George, however, was a frail and sickly child who could not help with such work; instead, Susan taught him how to cook, mend, embroider, do laundry and garden, as well as how to concoct simple herbal medicines.

At a young age, Carver took a keen interest in plants and experimented with natural pesticides, fungicides and soil conditioners. He became known as the “the plant doctor” to local farmers due to his ability to discern how to improve the health of their gardens, fields and orchards.

The issue, the interrelationships between bond servants and owners, were far more complex and often far more congenial than presented in the abolitionist agitprop novel Ms. Stowe wrote.

The folks above lived interesting and accomplished lives, and I urge you to click on the links and read more. One of my ancestors corresponded with George Washington Carver, and exchanged cuttings for fruit tree grafts. I wish those letters had survived the years.

I find it odd, to say the least, that those who were born in bondage were capable of accomplishing so much, while today, it seems so many are willing to use their ancestors' bondage as an excuse to accomplish so little.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 02:14:24 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

Funny she should bring up Sally Hemmings, but not James Hemmings nor mention John Hemmings both of whom acquired incredible skills, one as a chef (among other things), the other as a master joiner (cabinetmaker), known as one of the best anywhere.

Despite laws which forbid slaves from being educated, their owners found it expedient to teach them reading, writing, and math, at least at a rudimentary level, but often beyond that.

Trades were useful to any farming operation, from coopers to chandlers, to wheelwrights, carpenters especially, and even those who could fix or build boats. Names today even reflect that, as I have known black Coopers, Smiths (as in blacksmith), Carpenters, Chandlers, and even a Boatwright, surnames which reflected the trades of their ancestors.

Some even took as a surname the name of the family which had owned them upon manumission.

No mention of George Washington Carver in the clip, born a slave, become an agronomist, a chemist, (first African American to earn a Bachelor's Degree), who developed peanut butter (the invention of which is now credited to the Incas) and hundreds of uses for peanuts, soybeans, pecans and sweet potatoes. 

The issue, the interrelationships between bond servants and owners, were far more complex and often far more congenial than presented in the abolitionist agitprop novel Ms. Stowe wrote.

The folks above lived interesting and accomplished lives, and I urge you to click on the links and read more. One of my ancestors corresponded with George Washington Carver, and exchanged cuttings for fruit tree grafts. I wish those letters had survived the years.

I find it odd, to say the least, that those who were born in bondage were capable of accomplishing so much, while today, it seems so many are willing to use their ancestors' bondage as an excuse to accomplish so little.
You are 100% correct, but we are dealing with liberals here for whom the truth means nothing.
They would make an issue out of the curriculum even if it hadn't had the one provision about slaves learning skills.
Because that's what libs do.....make issues out of truthful statements....if made by a conservative.

Online Hoodat

^    ^    ^    ^
    |    |    |    |
    T    H    I    S
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 29, 2023, 09:09:03 pm

Along those lines, I have often said that never in human history has a people done so little, with so much that was afforded to them, to improve their condition.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline goatprairie

Along those lines, I have often said that never in human history has a people done so little, with so much that was afforded to them, to improve their condition.
In the past fifty years we have seen a black person elected to two terms to POTUS, many black people elected to governorships, mayors, and congress, numerous black people become tv and movie stars, and a number of black people become super wealthy like Oprah Winfrey and her three billion dollars after overcoming a poverty-stricken youth.
It appears great numbers of black people simply don't understand (1) they do not understand the opportunities possible in the greatest country in the world and (2) they are responsible for whatever condition they are currently in. Blaming Evil Whitey for all your problems just doesn't fly anymore.