Author Topic: SHOCK: DeSantis’s ‘Never Back Down’ PAC May Pivot to Scott, Youngkin.  (Read 2659 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
You're not real good at reading a room, are you @jmyrlefuller    88devil
It ain't your room, sweetheart.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
She doesn't even try to defend him.  She just ignores any negatives or criticisms, and pivots to discussing something else.
Part of the reason she can't stand me, because I fight back.

I just wish DeSantis had the same chutzpah to go after him and hard. Turn every attack on him back to the source.

Online Right_in_Virginia

It ain't your room, sweetheart.

Didn't say it was, lover boy.  Just pointed out you're not any good at reading it.

@jmyrlefuller

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I just wish DeSantis had the same chutzpah to go after him and hard. Turn every attack on him back to the source.

At least you point out the problem with DeSantis. He is gutless.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I think DeSantis' strategy was to be Trump without all the negatives, and I think that's dumb.  I understand not wanting to alienate die-hard Trump supporters, but that's inevitable anyway simply by virtue of DeSantis running at all.

The issue where this bugs me the most is Ukraine, because I'll bet DeSantis is actually more hawkish on it than he has been so far.  But he's wanted to stay MAGA-adjacent, so he's been more isolationist.  If he's not careful, he'll find that some who back him as the not-Trump will shift to other challengers.

Online Kamaji

No, he's not a spoilt child and playground bully who delights in coming up with petty little insults for people he doesn't like.  DeSantis gets substantive work done, as his track record demonstrates, both in Congress and in Florida.

It still amazes me that so many people would rather vote for a blowhard and a bully, notwithstanding that he did a number of things that are directly antithetical to the principles they claim to believe in, simply because he comes up with lots of insults.

Online corbe

DeSantis is rightfully keeping his powder dry.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

simply because he comes up with lots of insults.

He fights.

:silly:

Offline roamer_1

Disney says otherwise.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

Online LMAO

I don’t know if he’s gutless or not but his campaign is very weak
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
No, he's not a spoilt child and playground bully who delights in coming up with petty little insults for people he doesn't like.  DeSantis gets substantive work done, as his track record demonstrates, both in Congress and in Florida.

It still amazes me that so many people would rather vote for a blowhard and a bully, notwithstanding that he did a number of things that are directly antithetical to the principles they claim to believe in, simply because he comes up with lots of insults.
You left something out, not only would they vote for a blowhard and a bully, but for someone who really has no idea how our government works which was proven more than once. I can understand someone who wasn't a formal politician being unschooled but in four years I don't think he made an effort to learn. I say that as someone who was willing to and did vote for him as second time despite it. But Trump through his childishness and pettiness has beat that desire right out of me. If others still think he's the second coming of Christ and want to vote for him I don't care it's their Trumpista insults and hostility against anyone who won't bow down to their savior that really chaps my @$$!

Online Kamaji

You left something out, not only would they vote for a blowhard and a bully, but for someone who really has no idea how our government works which was proven more than once. I can understand someone who wasn't a formal politician being unschooled but in four years I don't think he made an effort to learn. I say that as someone who was willing to and did vote for him as second time despite it. But Trump through his childishness and pettiness has beat that desire right out of me. If others still think he's the second coming of Christ and want to vote for him I don't care it's their Trumpista insults and hostility against anyone who won't bow down to their savior that really chaps my @$$!

Same here.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
At this point I don't even think they care. It's become a "screw you, I'm voting Trump solely because you told me not to." Which is the absolute worst reason to choose the guy who has the reins of one of the largest governments in the world (how did we let that happen anyway?).

The constant barrage of attacks on DeSantis are because they see him as a threat. They're desperate to drive him out of the race before a single vote is cast because they know that his record is the strongest of anyone else in the field, and Trump seems to think he's entitled to the nomination. If it were anyone else in the field who was a serious challenge, that would be Trump's target too. We saw it in 2015 and 2016, and we all know truth is no barrier to anything he does or says.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 09:25:47 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Online Kamaji

At this point I don't even think they care. It's become a "screw you, I'm voting Trump solely because you told me not to." Which is the absolute worst reason to choose the guy who has the reins of one of the largest governments in the world (how did we let that happen anyway?).

The constant barrage of attacks on DeSantis are because they see him as a threat. They're desperate to drive him out of the race before a single vote is cast because they know that his record is the strongest of anyone else in the field, and Trump seems to think he's entitled to the nomination. If it were anyone else in the field who was a serious challenge, that would be Trump's target too. We saw it in 2015 and 2016, and we all know truth is no barrier to anything he does or says.

:thumbsup:

Online libertybele

Yes absolutely, Trump sees DeSantis as a threat otherwise he wouldn't have started attacking him before he even announced he was running, nor would he have asked him to step down.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

Yes absolutely, Trump sees DeSantis as a threat otherwise he wouldn't have started attacking him before he even announced he was running, nor would he have asked him to step down.

He started in on both the Gov of Florida and the governor of Georgia before election night 2022

He did it because neither men seemed his endorsement for their reelection campaigns. If they won without his endorsement, that undermines him in his mind. That’s why the Stacy Abrams endorsement. Deep down, he may have been hoping both would lose

Yet, both men not only won reelection but did so decisively without his endorsement. And  that collapsed his psyche
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 09:45:21 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

...someone who really has no idea how our government works which was proven more than once. I can understand someone who wasn't a formal politician being unschooled but in four years I don't think he made an effort to learn.

That is my exact issue as well.  He's intellectually lazy.

Online Right_in_Virginia

That is my exact issue as well.  He's intellectually lazy.

I'm curious.  What would you call a man who spouts Biden's talking points on both war and American justice?  @Maj. Bill Martin

« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 01:11:18 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline GtHawk

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline GtHawk

I'm curious.  What would you call a man who spouts Biden's talking points on both war and American justice?  @Maj. Bill Martin
@Right_in_Virginia (see I pinged Ya, wouldn't want to violate forum etiquette)
I'm Curious, what would you call someone who campaigned on 'Lock Her Up' then after winning shifted to 'She's Suffered Enough' to now he's complimenting Hillary?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 01:44:41 am by GtHawk »

Online Right_in_Virginia

The constant barrage of attacks on DeSantis ...

Posting reports on campaign activities and voters' reactions is not a barrage of attacks.  It's information.

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia (see I pinged Ya, wouldn't want to violate forum etiquette)
I'm Curious, what would you call someone who campaigned on 'Lock Her Up' then after winning shifted to 'She's Suffered Enough' to now he's complimenting Hillary?

My apologies @GtHawk   I should have phrased my post better.  It was rhetorical --- a statement rather than a question.  I've no desire to start beating this dead horse again.

But, thank you for replying ---- and the ping.  happy77

« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 05:46:14 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

He started in on both the Gov of Florida and the governor of Georgia before election night 2022

He did it because neither men seemed his endorsement for their reelection campaigns. If they won without his endorsement, that undermines him in his mind. That’s why the Stacy Abrams endorsement. Deep down, he may have been hoping both would lose

Yet, both men not only won reelection but did so decisively without his endorsement. And  that collapsed his psyche

Though it was after the election, we can't forget that he also went after another very popular Republican government in a purple / blue state - Glenn Youngkin, whose name "sounds Chinese."