Author Topic: SHOCK: DeSantis’s ‘Never Back Down’ PAC May Pivot to Scott, Youngkin.  (Read 2658 times)

Offline Kamaji

There is a path for Trump to win in 2024. Let's just hope that, if he does, he will be pissed off enough to do what needs to be done.

He won't do anything constructive.  He sees everything through the lens of personality, and so the madder he gets, the more he will conduct personal vendettas against those whom he believes, rightly or wrongly, slighted him personally.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Trump has stated that he's not debating -- so no boost for any of the candidates until Trump debates and he knows it.

I think the debates will impact the relative standing of all non-Trump challengers among themselves, which is kind of the point when it comes to narrowing down the field of Trump challengers.

Offline Kamaji

I think the debates will impact the relative standing of all non-Trump challengers among themselves, which is kind of the point when it comes to narrowing down the field of Trump challengers.

And if played correctly, Trump's failure to man up and debate can be used effectively against him by asking a simple question:  What is he so afraid of?

Online Maj. Bill Martin

And if played correctly, Trump's failure to man up and debate can be used effectively against him by asking a simple question:  What is he so afraid of?

I actually think that's pretty easy to answer given his well-known carnival barker/salesman approach.  He'll just say "why should I give any of them free publicity", and its a fair point.  I actually think it is the smart move because what is most likely to happen is that they'll all try to take down the non-Trump frontrunner, DeSantis, and that plays right into Trump's strategy.

Offline Kamaji

I actually think that's pretty easy to answer given his well-known carnival barker/salesman approach.  He'll just say "why should I give any of them free publicity", and its a fair point.  I actually think it is the smart move because what is most likely to happen is that they'll all try to take down the non-Trump frontrunner, DeSantis, and that plays right into Trump's strategy.

The question shouldn't be posed to him; the question should be posed to those few amongst his supporters who are still capable of independent rational thought.

It really is a crying shame that the GOP is most likely going to nominate such a known shit-show of a human being.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
The question shouldn't be posed to him; the question should be posed to those few amongst his supporters who are still capable of independent rational thought.

A unicorn of sorts. I know none in real life.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline ScottinVA

There is a path for Trump to win in 2024. Let's just hope that, if he does, he will be pissed off enough to do what needs to be done.

I’d like to know what path that’d be, because I’m sure not seeing one.

Online LMAO

I’d like to know what path that’d be, because I’m sure not seeing one.

Democrats get upset over RFKjr being "robbed" of the nomination so they stay home in significant numbers
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

A very narrow path that has not been repeated in election cycles since

I think a Trump presidency would be about him getting  vengeance on his detractors. Not that some of them don’t deserve it, but do we really want to elect a president that has an enemies list? What was the reaction people here had when they found out Hillary Clinton had one?

What we need is some serious reforms. And that means creating alliances and coalitions, something that Donald Trump has proven he’s unable to do. Simply being angry won’t do it. And it’s highly unlikely that Donald Trump will have a congress, much less courts, that are willing and eager to go along with his every whim and desire

This is why it’s disturbing for me to see the GOP base throw their hopes behind Donald Trump when there’s talented republican governors out there

My political position has not deviated from that the best government is to keep it as local as you can with the federal government being much smaller than it is. There is nothing indicating that Donald Trump will reduce the size and scope of the federal government.

There was an article of how deficits have exploded under Joe Biden. Anybody wanna argue that it will be reduced under Donald Trump?

pointing-up  *THIS*. QFT.

And deficits exploded under Tumpy too. no different.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@deb   You infrequently post on political/election threads, but when you do it's to pile onto insults of Trump supporters.  I'm just curious ---- what does doing this add to your life?

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Democrats get upset over RFKjr being "robbed" of the nomination so they stay home in significant numbers

Not going to happen.  Whatever his Democratic base is, it's sufficiently leftist that they'll support the Dem nominee.

Offline roamer_1

Yeah... sh*t in one hand, wish in the other... which fills up first...  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline roamer_1

Me neither...    :whistle: :shrug:

Offline Hoodat

@deb   You infrequently post on political/election threads, but when you do it's to pile onto insults of Trump supporters.  I'm just curious ---- what does doing this add to your life?

Clearly she wasn't referring to you, @Right_in_Virginia .  She was referring to Trump supporters "who are still capable of independent rational thought".
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Clearly she wasn't referring to you, @Right_in_Virginia .  She was referring to Trump supporters "who are still capable of independent rational thought".

I was referring to people/friends in real life. You know, tangible friends. Not internet warriors.
It pains me to see people whom I care about worshiping the great orange god. So I take no pleasure at all.

I was referring to people/friends in real life. You know, tangible friends. Not internet warriors.
It pains me to see people whom I care about worshiping the great orange god. So I take no pleasure at all.

Thanks for the reply @deb    It's a shame you've bought the "great orange god" liberal talking point, but so be it.  :shrug:

Have a good night.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Thanks for the reply @deb    It's a shame you've bought the "great orange god" liberal talking point, but so be it.  :shrug:

Have a good night.

You as well.  happy77

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
SupporterS? Plural? You're the last one left. The others hardly post anymore, because you're the only one who thinks what you post is defensible.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Maj. Bill Martin

I know a fair number of Trump supporters who are open about his weaknesses/negatives.  They wish he wouldn't do some of the things he does, but believe that the positives outweigh the negatives.  And when he does or says something wrong/stupid, they'll acknowledge it.  I used to be one of those people myself, and there are still a good number of them out there.

Those folks stand in contrast to the ones who will never admit that he has ever done anything blameworthy.  If he does do something that clearly is negative, then they'll invent a reason out of thin air why it isn't really his fault, but someone else's.  "He must have gotten bad advice" or "he was forced to do that because...."  Never just a simple admission that he f*cked something up.

It is entirely possible to have good discussions with the former.  The latter are a complete waste of time.  And they are a major disservice to their own presumed cause of trying to convince others to support Trump.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 01:58:59 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Hoodat

I know a fair number of Trump supporters who are open about his weaknesses/negatives.  They wish he wouldn't do some of the things he does, but believe that the positives outweigh the negatives.  And when he does or says something wrong/stupid, they'll acknowledge it.  I used to be one of those people myself, and there are still a good number of them out there.

Those folks stand in contrast to the ones who will never admit that he has ever done anything blameworthy.  If he does do something that clearly is negative, then they'll invent a reason out of thin air why it isn't really his fault, but someone else's.  "He must have gotten bad advice" or "he was forced to do that because...."  Never just a simple admission that he f*cked something up.

It is entirely possible to have good discussions with the former.  The latter are a complete waste of time.  And they are a major disservice to their own presumed cause of trying to convince others to support Trump.

Well stated, sir.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

SupporterS? Plural? You're the last one left. The others hardly post anymore, because you're the only one who thinks what you post is defensible.

You're not real good at reading a room, are you @jmyrlefuller    88devil

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline roamer_1

I have yet to engage a single person  in any sort of high caliber intellectual or philosophical discussion on Tumpy. Mostly, I believe, because there isn't one... Discussion, I mean.
Nothing to discuss

Online Maj. Bill Martin

She doesn't even try to defend him.  She just ignores any negatives or criticisms, and pivots to discussing something else.

Online LMAO

She doesn't even try to defend him.  She just ignores any negatives or criticisms, and pivots to discussing something else.

Like continuously posting primary polls and calling other posters fascists or totalitarian if they don’t agree with her viewpoint.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy