Author Topic: SHOCK: DeSantis’s ‘Never Back Down’ PAC May Pivot to Scott, Youngkin.  (Read 2690 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Jack Montgomery
News
SHOCK: DeSantis’s ‘Never Back Down’ PAC May Pivot to Scott, Youngkin.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’s own ‘Never Back Down’ super PAC could soon morph into ‘Not Backing DeSantis’, with controversial consultant grifter Jeff Roe reportedly telling donors unhappy with the Florida Governor’s dismal polling that he may pivot to supporting Tim Scott, or even Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin.

The National Pulse’s own sourcing on this matter was also confirmed by Caroline Wren, senior advisor to Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake, who says Roe has been telling disgruntled donors that Never Back Down could “support other candidates than just Ron DeSantis, which is a strange thing to say unless you’re starting to lay the groundwork of a potential DeSantis exit.”

Wren told Steve Bannon’s War Room show on Thursday: “I think it’s because some donors are starting to ask: ‘Hey, why am I giving to you? You have $120 million already cash on hand in this PAC, and DeSantis’s numbers are just crumbling.'”

more
https://thenationalpulse.com/2023/07/25/shock-desantiss-never-back-down-pac-may-pivot-to-scott-youngkin/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ScottinVA

Youngkin would be better off staying out of it until Trump is gone from the scene.  The GOP is a hot mess right now.

Offline LMAO

Youngkin would be better off staying out of it until Trump is gone from the scene.  The GOP is a hot mess right now.

Any “rising stars” in the GOP need to stay out until 2028. The current state of the GOP right now is similar to that of post Nixon to pre-Reagan

2024 is shaping up to be a repeat of 1976 for the Republican Party with the current trajectory it’s on

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If Never Back Down SuperPAC pivots to another candidate, will they return the $80 million transfered from DeSantis State PAC, Friends of Ron Desantis / Empower Parents?

Was DeSantis duped by Never Back Down SuperPAC?  Did they play him for a sugar daddy?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline roamer_1

So Kari Lake's team told Steve Bannon...

Waggin tongues straight outta Tumpytown... AGAIN.

Offline cato potatoe

Yes and that includes any consideration of running mate status, unless they want to end up like Pence.  There's nothing Trump supporters hate worse then republicans not named Trump.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Jeff Roe is setting himself to be a 2024 GOP power broker using DeSantis' $80 million.

Never Back Down SuperPAC will be an amorphous blob of money at Roe's disposal.

Campaign, PAC, and SuperPAC financing has become a campaign fund laundering exercise to obscure the true source of funds.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 04:35:50 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Any “rising stars” in the GOP need to stay out until 2028. The current state of the GOP right now is similar to that of post Nixon to pre-Reagan

2024 is shaping up to be a repeat of 1976 for the Republican Party with the current trajectory it’s on

If that's the case, then that's a reason to stay in, not get out.  The guy who came in second in 1976 is the guy who won in 1980.  Which would mean that if you bypass 2024, you're not going to be winning in 2028.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

If that's the case, then that's a reason to stay in, not get out.  The guy who came in second in 1976 is the guy who won in 1980. 

What happened to the guy who came in third?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

And if Trump loses, then runs again... and again... and again, like he's said he would at least once before?

How long are we going to have to wait before honesty stands a chance in this country?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

If you read this article, it's basically just massive speculation with no valid sources.  There's "reportedly", the author's own undisclosed/undescribed "sourcing", and something said by one of Kari Lake's advisors -- hardly a source without its own motive to say anything to weaken DeSantis.

What is likely true is that if DeSantis withdraws from the race, the Never Back Down PAC would likely end up supporting another Trump alternative.  But that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, and certainly doesn't mean that the PAC is going to shift who it is supporting while DeSantis is still an active candidate.

That's just the spin coming from the Trump camp, and for obvious reasons.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

And if Trump loses, then runs again... and again... and again, like he's said he would at least once before?

How long are we going to have to wait before honesty stands a chance in this country?

The guy will be 78 by the time the election rolls around, so the clock is tucking on him.  He's not going to be around forever.  If he loses, that's almost certainly the last time he runs for office.

Offline LMAO

If you read this article, it's basically just massive speculation with no valid sources.  There's "reportedly", the author's own undisclosed/undescribed "sourcing", and something said by one of Kari Lake's advisors -- hardly a source without its own motive to say anything to weaken DeSantis.

What is likely true is that if DeSantis withdraws from the race, the Never Back Down PAC would likely end up supporting another Trump alternative.  But that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, and certainly doesn't mean that the PAC is going to shift who it is supporting while DeSantis is still an active candidate.

That's just the spin coming from the Trump camp, and for obvious reasons.

But there’s no denying that the DeSantis campaign currently is in trouble. His wife should run for president instead.

And we need an alternative over Donald Trump. Both Biden and Trump are determined to put us on a path to fiscal insolvency and that just can’t continue.

I hope in the coming months to hear the other GOP hopefuls make this a front and center issue. DeSantis’s congressional record suggests a willingness to cut the budget
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 01:43:15 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

But there’s no denying that the DeSantis campaign currently is in trouble. His wife should run for president instead.

And we need an alternative over Donald Trump. Both Biden and Trump are determined to put us on a path to fiscal insolvency and that just can’t continue.

I hope in the coming months to hear the other GOP hopefuls make this a front and center issue. DeSantis’s congressional record suggests a willingness to cut the budget

I'm not worried about DeSantis at this point because the debates are going to have a major impact on momentum.  Whoever does best in those early debates is going to get a big boost, and whoever does the worst is finished.  So I'd like to see couple of debates before drawing any conclusions regarding who the top challengers will be when the actual primaries roll around. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 01:54:04 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Ron DeSantis is coming across like Slim Shady.  Will the real Ron DeSantis campaign, please stand up, please stand up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJO5HU_7_1w

Offline LMAO

I'm not worried about DeSantis at this point because the debates are going to have a major impact on momentum.  Whoever does best in those early debates is going to get a big boost, and whoever does the worst is finished.  So I'd like to see couple of debates before drawing any conclusions regarding who the top challengers will be when the actual primaries roll around.

I don’t think the debates are going to make any difference. Like I’ve said before, even if another one of the GOP candidates starts to make any headway, the left will repeat their 2022 strategy

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I don’t think the debates are going to make any difference. Like I’ve said before, even if another one of the GOP candidates starts to make any headway, the left will repeat their 2022 strategy

I think they'll make a difference in the GOP primary, which is what we were discussing.  They may make a difference for me.  I live DeSantis for a lot of policy-based reasons -- those relating to the military in particular -- but I want more clarity regarding his position on aid to Ukraine.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 02:40:59 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

I think they'll make a difference in the GOP primary, which is what we were discussing.  They may make a difference for me.  I live DeSantis for a lot of policy-based reasons -- those relating to the military in particular -- but I want more clarity regarding his position on aid to Ukraine.

I think DeSantis needs a miracle. His campaign for president is looking awfully familiar to Kamala Harris’s. OK maybe not quite that bad, but it ain’t looking good.

I like DeSantis because his congressional record. We cannot afford the Bush/Obamas/Trump/Biden spending spree’s any longer. I would hope that frequent use of a veto pen would be the norm should he be elected president

Barry Goldwater

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
If Ron DeSantis cannot beat Trump, no one can.  It is quite possible that no challenger was going to beat DJT in 2024, but at least a number of people have stepped up to try. Whereas in the other party they are shoving Joe Biden down the throats of the Democrats, and no one (except RJKjr) has the guts to take him on.

Offline LMAO

If Ron DeSantis cannot beat Trump, no one can.  It is quite possible that no challenger was going to beat DJT in 2024, but at least a number of people have stepped up to try. Whereas in the other party they are shoving Joe Biden down the throats of the Democrats, and no one (except RJKjr) has the guts to take him on.

And then conservatives will have to wait until 2028 for another shot. I don’t like it, but it is what it is.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I think DeSantis needs a miracle. His campaign for president is looking awfully familiar to Kamala Harris’s. OK maybe not quite that bad, but it ain’t looking good.

Unlike Harris, DeSantis seems best in unscripted question and answer sessions.  He's always done well in debates, whereas Harris is just an idiot.  I think he's worst at stump speeches. 

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
And then conservatives will have to wait until 2028 for another shot. I don’t like it, but it is what it is.

There is a path for Trump to win in 2024. Let's just hope that, if he does, he will be pissed off enough to do what needs to be done.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

So Kari Lake's team told Steve Bannon...

Waggin tongues straight outta Tumpytown... AGAIN.

Yup.

Offline LMAO

There is a path for Trump to win in 2024. Let's just hope that, if he does, he will be pissed off enough to do what needs to be done.

A very narrow path that has not been repeated in election cycles since

I think a Trump presidency would be about him getting  vengeance on his detractors. Not that some of them don’t deserve it, but do we really want to elect a president that has an enemies list? What was the reaction people here had when they found out Hillary Clinton had one?

What we need is some serious reforms. And that means creating alliances and coalitions, something that Donald Trump has proven he’s unable to do. Simply being angry won’t do it. And it’s highly unlikely that Donald Trump will have a congress, much less courts, that are willing and eager to go along with his every whim and desire

This is why it’s disturbing for me to see the GOP base throw their hopes behind Donald Trump when there’s talented republican governors out there

My political position has not deviated from that the best government is to keep it as local as you can with the federal government being much smaller than it is. There is nothing indicating that Donald Trump will reduce the size and scope of the federal government.

There was an article of how deficits have exploded under Joe Biden. Anybody wanna argue that it will be reduced under Donald Trump?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 05:02:07 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I don't believe the degree to which Trump is pissed off will have any positive bearing on him accomplishing what needs to be done.

First, he has to have the right ideas and be moving in the correct direction.  Being pissed off doesn't help with that.

Also, because the power of the President is limited absent the ability to pass legislation, building coalitions will be key.  And being pissed off doesn't help with that either.

To me, he's like a loaded gun pointing in random directions.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 09:39:41 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »