Author Topic: Marines found dead in vehicle in North Carolina identified  (Read 528 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marines found dead in vehicle in North Carolina identified
« on: July 26, 2023, 01:41:32 pm »

Marines found dead in vehicle in North Carolina identified
Yesterday 8:30 PM

The Marine Corps has identified the three Marines who were found dead inside a vehicle in North Carolina over the weekend.

Camp Lejeune identified the men as Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Merax C. Dockery, 23, from Pottawatomie, Oklahoma, Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Ivan R. Garcia, 23, from Naples, Florida and Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Tanner J. Kaltenberg, 19, from Madison, Wisconsin.

The Pender County Sheriff's Office said deputies responded to a call at 9 a.m. on Sunday to look into a report of a missing person.

During their investigation authorities discovered the bodies of the three men inside a car at a Speedway convenience store in Hampstead, North Carolina, Pender County Sheriff's Office said in a press release on Tuesday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/marines-found-dead-in-vehicle-in-north-carolina-identified/ar-AA1elVnB
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Marines found dead in vehicle in North Carolina identified
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2023, 01:43:42 pm »
Three young Marines found together, dead, at a convenience store and foul play isn't suspected!!  Did they die from global warming? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2023, 03:37:22 pm »
Three young Marines found together, dead, at a convenience store and foul play isn't suspected!!  Did they die from global warming? :whistle:
Fentanyl?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2023, 03:54:52 pm »
... Deputies from the Pender County Sheriff’s Office found the three men unresponsive Sunday morning in a privately owned car at a Speedway gas station ...

Sgt. Chester Ward of the Pender County Sheriff’s Office said the department had received a missing person report for one of the three Marines, but he declined to share details. No drugs were found in the vehicle, he said.

“We do not suspect anything as far as foul play in that matter,” Ward told The Associated Press, noting that the sheriff's office is waiting on autopsy results because the cause of death “might be something that we don’t see.” ...
WSLS
Very strange.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2023, 05:45:18 pm »

Well, with no visually apparent cause of death or drugs found, what evidence do authorities at that point in time have of "foul play"?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DB

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2023, 05:57:45 pm »
Well, with no visually apparent cause of death or drugs found, what evidence do authorities at that point in time have of "foul play"?

Three previously healthy young people found dead in the same car has very high likelihood of "foul play" regardless of the available visual evidence at the scene.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2023, 06:11:49 pm »
Fentanyl?

That was my first thought as well.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2023, 09:12:15 pm »
It's being reported as carbon monoxide poisoning. If the exhaust was leaking into the cabin, you'd think they would be very aware of it. Very strange.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2023, 09:44:08 pm »
It's being reported as carbon monoxide poisoning. If the exhaust was leaking into the cabin, you'd think they would be very aware of it. Very strange.
Unless it was some kind of suicide pact.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2023, 02:06:01 pm »
Marines found at gas station died of carbon monoxide poisoning
By Hannah Schoenbaum, Associated Press/Report for America
 Jul 26, 04:12 PM

RALEIGH, N.C. — Three Marines found unresponsive in a car at a North Carolina gas station died of carbon monoxide poisoning, the local sheriff’s office said Wednesday.

Deputies from the Pender County Sheriff’s Office found the three men Sunday morning in a privately owned Lexus sedan parked outside a Speedway gas station in the coastal community of Hampstead. Autopsies performed Wednesday by the North Carolina Medical Examiner determined that all three deaths were the result of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the sheriff’s office.

The Pender County Sheriff’s Office did not immediately make clear whether their deaths were accidental.

“I am saddened by the timeless and tragic death of these three young men, who served our country honorably,” Sheriff Alan Cutler said. “Our thoughts and prayers remain with their families and colleagues during this time.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2023/07/26/marines-found-at-gas-station-died-of-carbon-monoxide-poisoning/
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Idiot

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2023, 02:27:59 pm »
Marines found at gas station died of carbon monoxide poisoning
By Hannah Schoenbaum, Associated Press/Report for America
 Jul 26, 04:12 PM

RALEIGH, N.C. — Three Marines found unresponsive in a car at a North Carolina gas station died of carbon monoxide poisoning, the local sheriff’s office said Wednesday.

Deputies from the Pender County Sheriff’s Office found the three men Sunday morning in a privately owned Lexus sedan parked outside a Speedway gas station in the coastal community of Hampstead. Autopsies performed Wednesday by the North Carolina Medical Examiner determined that all three deaths were the result of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the sheriff’s office.

The Pender County Sheriff’s Office did not immediately make clear whether their deaths were accidental.

“I am saddened by the timeless and tragic death of these three young men, who served our country honorably,” Sheriff Alan Cutler said. “Our thoughts and prayers remain with their families and colleagues during this time.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2023/07/26/marines-found-at-gas-station-died-of-carbon-monoxide-poisoning/
How horrible.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2023, 06:14:25 pm »
Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless, and tasteless. So, hypothetically, if CO is leaking into the driver-passenger compartment, the marines might not have known. So the question becomes how did it leak in. Was it foul play by some other person(s)? Was it a suicide pact? Did the car body have a leak?

WRT the latter possibility, I've seen the make identified as Lexus, but I've not seen the year mentioned. Reasonably cared for Lexuses can last quite a few years, So, hypothetically, a 10-20 year old Lexus that spent considerable time/mile driving in areas that use salt to decrease snow and ice could have such an exhaust and body leak while the engine still ran OK. For now, not that my opinion matters, I think that the likely scenario.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2023, 06:32:14 pm »
Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless, and tasteless. So, hypothetically, if CO is leaking into the driver-passenger compartment, the marines might not have known. So the question becomes how did it leak in. Was it foul play by some other person(s)? Was it a suicide pact? Did the car body have a leak?

WRT the latter possibility, I've seen the make identified as Lexus, but I've not seen the year mentioned. Reasonably cared for Lexuses can last quite a few years, So, hypothetically, a 10-20 year old Lexus that spent considerable time/mile driving in areas that use salt to decrease snow and ice could have such an exhaust and body leak while the engine still ran OK. For now, not that my opinion matters, I think that the likely scenario.

That is a likely scenario, depending on the age of the vehicle.