Author Topic: This state just announced a massive, first-of-its-kind facility in the middle of the ocean — but the  (Read 435 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This state just announced a massive, first-of-its-kind facility in the middle of the ocean — but there’s been lots of pushback
Story by Jeremiah Budin • Yesterday 8:05 AM

After years of planning and legal disputes, the United States’ first commercial-scale offshore wind farm has finally begun construction off the coast of Massachusetts.

Vineyard Wind, a joint venture between Avangrid Renewables and Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners, will be located 15 miles south of Martha’s Vineyard. It’s expected to begin producing clean energy for Massachusetts residents by the end of 2023.

Offshore wind farms have gained traction in many European and Asian countries. China, for example, recently started construction on the biggest wind turbine in the world. But so far, the U.S. has lagged behind.

Offshore wind farms have faced major opposition from right-wing political groups, largely due to misinformation and successful lobbying from industries that supply dirty energy sources.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/this-state-just-announced-a-massive-first-of-its-kind-facility-in-the-middle-of-the-ocean-but-there-s-been-lots-of-pushback/ar-AA1egE5f?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0b94930b4b11434c828cc04352d4e3f7&ei=17
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson