Author Topic: Failed ideology – Alarm at VW: hardly anyone buys electric cars  (Read 410 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Failed ideology – Alarm at VW: hardly anyone buys electric cars

Alarm at VW. Customers are buying almost no electric cars anymore, according to the brand speech that VW boss Thomas Schäfer gave on Monday to some 2,000 managers worldwide. He described his speech as the "final wake-up call". Schäfer called for an immediate cessation of expenditure.

By Holger Douglas

The biggest short- and medium-term risk for the Wolfsburg brand is seen in the collapse in demand for electric vehicles. However, VW has just created additional production lines for the VW ID electric model in Emden, Brussels and Wolfsburg. The Volkswagen plant in Zwickau was already completely converted for the production of electric vehicles in 2020. This is also volkswagen's first German factory to switch completely to electric cars.

There is no shortage of good-sounding names for the new era. It was intended as part of the company's Transform 2025+ program. This plan provides for a comprehensive switch to electromobility. In Zwickau, electric vehicles are produced on the so-called MEB platform (modular electric kit), which has been specially developed for electric vehicles.

No one asked what if almost no one wanted to buy the many beautiful electric cars – at least not in public. About the electric car euphoria proclaimed in politics, almost no one from the group publicly expressed doubts whether the electric car would become the means of transport of the future. And does former electro-obsessed VW boss Herbert Diess turn out to be VW's gravedigger?

https://www.climategate.nl/2023/07/mislukte-ideologie-alarm-bij-vw-bijna-niemand-koopt-elektrische-autos/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson