Author Topic: UK May Ditch Net Zero Policies As Soaring Prices Wallop Consumers  (Read 390 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY NICK POPE ON JUL 25, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

UK May Ditch Net Zero Policies As Soaring Prices Wallop Consumers

pm sunakThe U.K. government may pivot away from its embrace of green energy and climate goals as prices continue to rise for British consumers, according to The Telegraph.

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has suggested that the country’s aim to ban new gas-powered vehicles by the end of the decade may not come to fruition, saying Monday that green energy initiatives must be “proportionate and pragmatic” to not unduly impact the lives of citizens, according to The Telegraph. [emphasis, links added]

Sunak did not directly confirm his government’s commitment to the policy when asked directly.

“We’re going to make progress towards net zero, but we’re going to do that in a proportionate and pragmatic way that doesn’t unnecessarily give people more hassle and more costs in their lives,” Sunak said, according to Financial Times.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/uk-may-ditch-net-zero-policies-as-soaring-prices-wallop-consumers/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson