Author Topic: ITER Fusion Energy Project: ‘Record-setting Disaster’  (Read 399 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
ITER Fusion Energy Project: ‘Record-setting Disaster’
« on: July 26, 2023, 10:07:44 am »
ITER Fusion Energy Project: ‘Record-setting Disaster’
By Kennedy Maize -- July 25, 2023

“With each passing decade, this record-breaking monument to big international science looks less and less like a cathedral—and more like a mausoleum.” — Scientific American

The 35-nation International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER) project, advertised as “the way to new energy,” has hit another snag. “The world’s biggest fusion experiment,” Bloomberg reported, “faces new delays and potentially billions of dollars in extra costs after defective pieces and broken supply chains disrupted the reactor’s construction in southern France.”

It was bad news at the 32nd annual meeting of the ITER, with a bland press release describing activity but little else. “Council Members reaffirmed their strong belief in the value of the ITER mission and resolved to work together to find timely solutions to facilitate ITER’s success.”[1]

https://www.masterresource.org/nuclear-power/troubled-iter-fusion-project/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson