Author Topic: NY cops end search of Gilgo Beach suspect Rex Heuermann’s home, family can move back in  (Read 173 times)

Offline Kamaji

NY cops end search of Gilgo Beach suspect Rex Heuermann’s home, family can move back in

By Reuven Fenton and Jorge Fitz-Gibbon
July 25, 2023

Cops have pulled whatever evidence they could from the “very cluttered” Long Island property of accused Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann — and his family is welcome to move back in, officials said Tuesday.

It’s still unclear whether Heuermann killed any of his victims in the ramshackle Massapequa Park home, where he lived with his wife and adult daughter and stepson, authorities said.

“The evidence doesn’t point one way or the other,” Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney told reporters at a press briefing at the scene.

“Nothing of note” was found when police dug up Heuermann’s backyard “as far as remains,” either, he said.

Still, “I would say that we obtained a massive amount of material, all of which has to be cataloged and analyzed, and it’s going to take quite some time,” the DA said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/25/cops-end-search-of-gilgo-beach-suspect-rex-heuermanns-home-say-his-family-can-move-back-in/

Offline Kamaji

I cannot imagine having that done to one's home.  I think that I would just burn the whole thing down and walk away from it.