Author Topic: I Was Prescribed A Puberty Blocker For Cancer Treatment. I Can’t Fathom Giving It To Kids  (Read 276 times)

Offline Kamaji

I Was Prescribed A Puberty Blocker For Cancer Treatment. I Can’t Fathom Giving It To Healthy Kids

I suffer from osteoarthritis and chronic bone pain, most likely caused by Lupron, the drug used to stop puberty in ‘transgender’ children.

BY: ERICA MOSHTAHEDIAN
JULY 25, 2023

This July will mark my being in remission from leukemia for five years, and thus no longer being a cancer patient, and yet my journey as a perma-patient has only just begun. As a permanent patient, I now need several types of continued care for the rest of my life because of the treatments I received. It was an expected tradeoff that comes with surviving an aggressive form of leukemia called acute promyelocytic leukemia, a subtype of AML.

The evening I was diagnosed, not only was I told that without treatment I might not survive the night, but I had to decide on the course of treatment at once. In addition to taking arsenic and all-trans-retinoic acid (ATRA), I had two options for a primary chemotherapy agent, Idarubicin or Mylotarg, and less than 24 hours to decide.

I poured over the research and statistical studies, knowing the downsides after reading the package inserts and understanding that both could hinder my fertility, albeit in different ways. I chose Mylotarg (a new drug on the market) instead of Idarubicin as my principal chemotherapy agent for induction since I’d have less risk of hemorrhaging and could expect fewer long-term side effects. I am lucky to have made it out alive.

Instead, I now suffer from osteoarthritis and chronic bone pain, most likely caused by a drug called Lupron, the very same drug used to stop puberty in children claiming to be transgender.

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2023/07/25/i-was-prescribed-a-common-puberty-blocker-for-cancer-treatment-i-cant-fathom-giving-it-to-a-healthy-child/

Offline mountaineer

... Lupron is used differently at different doses in cancer patients. For me, Lupron was prescribed for fertility preservation at 3.75 mg monthly. Prostate and breast cancer patients sometimes receive twice the amount I did.

Boston Children’s Hospital has a document on using Lupron as a puberty blocker in their gender facility. The dosage they prescribe is a 7.5 mg injection monthly, twice the amount I received. That is twice the amount used to create temporary menopause and functionally the same amount used to create permanent menopause in women with estrogen-positive breast cancer.

As a then-33-year-old, I knew the trade-offs that come with surviving cancer. Children, especially those actively experiencing mental illness, cannot possibly fathom permanence or provide informed consent as I did.  ...
**nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org