Author Topic: Vaccine expert slammed for predicting ‘Barbenheimer’ will spark COVID surge  (Read 551 times)

Online Kamaji

Vaccine expert slammed for predicting ‘Barbenheimer’ will spark COVID surge

By Yaron Steinbuch
July 25, 2023

Not everyone is in love with “Barbenheimer.”

Vaccine researcher Dr. Peter Hotez has gone viral for warning that summer blockbusters “Barbie” and “Oppenheimer” could spark an explosion of COVID-19 cases – as critics slammed the doomsday doc for his dire prediction.

“Not to be a Debbie Downer…but anyone worried about a post-BarbieBoxOffice Covid bump? Or post-Oppie? We’ll probably never know since no one seems to be keeping track of such things anymore,” Hotez, 65, tweeted Sunday.

“Keep up with your boosters and find a pink N-95 or KN-95 if you can,” added the pediatrician and dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at the Baylor College of Medicine.

Barbiemania is sweeping as the Greta Gerwig-directed comedy garnered $162 million at the box office — while Christopher Nolan’s three-hour epic about the life of nuclear physicist J. Robert Oppenheimer took in $82 million.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/25/vaccine-expert-slammed-for-predicting-barbenheimer-will-spark-covid-surge/

Online Kamaji

Online DefiantMassRINO

... send the doctor's bill to the Chi-coms.

People are done with Covid; they just want to live again.

My brother-in-law and his wife contracted Covid again.  They had the Delta variant previously in Fall 2021.  According to them, new Covid is just as miserable as old Covid.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

Mr. M just told me he heard a report that claims most of the people who died of Covid were unvaccinated conservative Republicans who watched Tucker Carlson's show. Can you imagine? Someone is on his deathbed, gasping for breath, and the doctor says, "We need this info for the death certificate: what show do you usually watch at 8 p.m.?"

Yeah, I don't think so.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

Wolf! Wolf! Wolf!

In the real world, the US appears to have ceased publishing daily new cases data, and daily deaths data has been in the mid two-digits, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They want us all under lock and key again.

I don't think so scooter.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline The_Reader_David

Prof. Hotez seems to not be paying attention the latest (actual) scientific data as he continues to hawk following The Science™.

There has been a meta-analysis of controlled experiments that found no effect on the spread of viral diseases from masking (J Evid Based Med. 2021 May; 14(2): 97–111.) 

It's also not very interesting whether or not there's a surge in cases since the current variant is essentially a nasty head-cold, with a mortality rate lower than most seasonal flus.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Kamaji

Prof. Hotez seems to not be paying attention the latest (actual) scientific data as he continues to hawk following The Science™.

There has been a meta-analysis of controlled experiments that found no effect on the spread of viral diseases from masking (J Evid Based Med. 2021 May; 14(2): 97–111.) 

It's also not very interesting whether or not there's a surge in cases since the current variant is essentially a nasty head-cold, with a mortality rate lower than most seasonal flus.

:thumbsup: