Author Topic: Sen. John Kennedy Nails What’s at the Heart of Democrat Supreme Court ‘Ethics Reform’ Attempts  (Read 809 times)

Offline Kamaji

Sen. John Kennedy Nails What’s at the Heart of Democrat Supreme Court ‘Ethics Reform’ Attempts

By Sister Toldjah
July 24, 2023

One of the reasons I’m not a proponent of age limits for members of Congress is the fact that Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.), who Lord-willing will be 72 in a few months, is still as sharp as a tack and is a national treasure to boot.

As the relentless attacks on the Supreme Court from his powerful Democrat colleagues in the Senate have gotten even more out of control and hypocritical, Kennedy, who is on the Senate Judiciary Committee, has been spending a lot of his interview time countering the attacks, giving voters an inside look as to what’s really going on with the Dem behind-the-scenes machinations, what’s at stake if Democrats are successful in their smear campaigns against the conservative Justices, etc.

Most recently, Kennedy appeared on Fox News to talk more about the sham “Supreme Court ethics reform” efforts coming from the likes of Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), and absolutely nailed what’s at the heart of them. Along the way, Kennedy zinged his colleagues, comparing them to petulant high schoolers who don’t get their way:

“I just believe that, under the Separation of Powers doctrine, Congress can’t regulate the internal affairs of the Court. And I also believe, Neil, that, how can I put this? – sometimes Congress is like high school, except no one graduates.”

“There are members of Congress that if you do something they don’t like they will try to hurt you. And I’m not saying this is true of all of my colleagues. But I believe that for many of my colleagues this legislation is not about ethics. It’s about the Dobbs case and abortion, and Biden v. Nebraska and student debt, and it’s about no racial quotas in admissions.”

“I think that some of my colleagues are angry at the Supreme Court and they want to hurt this Court, that’s why if they could they would expand the Court. They can’t do that, so instead they’re going to try to destroy it from within. That’s my opinion.”

Kennedy went on to explain that he’d read the Supreme Court’s current code of conduct and that he’s good with it:

Source:  https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2023/07/24/sen-john-kennedy-nails-whats-at-the-heart-of-democrat-supreme-court-ethics-reform-attempts-n781609

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Supreme Court Justices covorting with Billionaires is unseemly.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Supreme Court Justices covorting with Billionaires is unseemly.

Just on it's own?  Why?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It creates the appearance that the Justices are for sale, rent, lease, and susceptible to influences that create conflicts of interest.

Just on it's own?  Why?

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It creates the appearance that the Justices are for sale, rent, lease, and susceptible to influences that create conflicts of interest.

My work has never dictated who could or could not be my friends and I see no reason why that shouldn't apply to members of the court.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Why?  Just because one happens to have wealthy friends?

One could make that argument just as easily about cavorting with the poor - one has an ideological axe to grind that creates conflicts of interest.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

When Justices accept free vacations from their "billionaire friends", wealth has been transferred and influence has been sought.

Why?  Just because one happens to have wealthy friends?

One could make that argument just as easily about cavorting with the poor - one has an ideological axe to grind that creates conflicts of interest.

Offline Kamaji

When Justices accept free vacations from their "billionaire friends", wealth has been transferred and influence has been sought.

That's an assumption in search of facts to support it.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Would you say the same thing if it was Joe Biden accepting a free vacation from George Soros?

That's an assumption in search of facts to support it.

Offline Kamaji

Would you say the same thing if it was Joe Biden accepting a free vacation from George Soros?

Apples to oranges.  The president has free-ranging power, pretty much.  A judge can only act on a case that is before him.