Author Topic: LAPD refused to honor nearly 800 ICE requests in 2022 that would have seen criminal noncitizens depo  (Read 175 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
LAPD refused to honor nearly 800 ICE requests in 2022 that would have seen criminal noncitizens deported
NEWS
JOSEPH MACKINNONJuly 24, 2023

Los Angeles is a city rife with crime. Rather than seize upon every available measure to make its job easier, the Los Angeles Police Department has recommitted to hindering the efforts of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to detain and oust criminal noncitizens.

A new report unanimously approved July 18 by the Los Angeles Police Commission revealed that the LAPD has and will continue to flout federal immigration law ahead of the city's official designation as a sanctuary city for illegal aliens, reported the Los Angeles Daily News.

The annual "Immigration Enforcement, Task Force Reporting Requirements and Department Operations" report indicated that police received 783 detainer requests from ICE last year. The LAPD refused to honor a single one.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/lapd-refused-honor-nearly-800-ice-requests-2022-would-have-seen-criminal-n-411221/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson