Author Topic: Watch–Alejandro Mayorkas: Banning DHS from Using ‘Illegal Alien’ Term Respects ‘Dignity of the Indiv  (Read 198 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Watch–Alejandro Mayorkas: Banning DHS from Using ‘Illegal Alien’ Term Respects ‘Dignity of the Individual’

JOHN BINDER24 Jul 2023500

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas is defending orders he issued to all agency officials that ban them from using the legal term “illegal alien,” saying the federal government must respect “the dignity of the individual” crossing the nation’s borders.

During an interview late last week at the Aspen Security Forum in Aspen, Colorado, Mayorkas bragged about orders he issued in early 2021 that banned DHS officials from using the terms “illegal alien,” “alien,” and “assimilation” in reference to federal immigration law.

Instead, Mayorkas has required DHS officials to use “more inclusive language” when referring to illegal immigration, such as terms like “noncitizen,” “undocumented noncitizen,” and “integration.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/07/24/watch-alejandro-mayorkas-banning-dhs-using-illegal-alien-term-respects-dignity-individual/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The law uses "illegal aliens" so isn't he violating his oath of office by using terms to make illegal immigration sound more acceptable and not those of the law? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson