Author Topic: ‘Unacceptable harm’: Biden admin says he will veto budget bills for vets, farmers to protect leftist  (Read 188 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Unacceptable harm’: Biden admin says he will veto budget bills for vets, farmers to protect leftist priorities
July 24, 2023 | Arjun Singh 
Daily Caller News Foundation

President Joe Biden’s administration has said that he will veto two Republican-drafted appropriations bills that must be passed to avoid a limited government shutdown, citing GOP efforts to defund left-wing priorities.

H.R. 4366, an appropriations bill for Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and H.R. 4368, an appropriations bill for agriculture, rural development and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), were advanced to the House Rules Committee, the powerful body that determines how the bills will be debated and voted upon on the House floor. The Office of Management and Budget (OMB), which oversees all Executive Branch spending, issued two policy statementssaying that Biden would veto the bills in their current form because they strip or ban funding for certain left-wing administrative actions.

“These bills include billions in additional rescissions from the [Inflation Reduction Act] and other vital legislation that would result in unacceptable harm to clean energy and to energy efficiency initiatives that lower energy costs and critical investments in rural America,” both statements read. The OMB added that the bills have “numerous new, partisan policy provisions with devastating consequences including harming access to reproductive healthcare, threatening the health and safety of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Intersex (LGBTQI+) Americans.”

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/07/24/unacceptable-harm-biden-admin-says-he-will-veto-budget-bills-for-vets-farmers-to-protect-leftist-priorities-1380208/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson