Author Topic: Catholic University Teaches ‘Transphobia’ and ‘Fatphobia’ are Products of Racism Perpetuated Through  (Read 314 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Catholic University Teaches ‘Transphobia’ and ‘Fatphobia’ are Products of Racism Perpetuated Through Religion

Heartland Author
July 24, 2023

A Catholic Connecticut university is teaching students that supposed societal problems of “fatphobia” and “transphobia” are actually rooted in racism and perpetuated by social institutions like religion.

The seminar, titled “Racism’s Intersectional Impact on Agency & Liberation” is part of Sacred Heart University’s “Continuing Conversations in Antiracism” workshop series, which seeks to tie racism to various forms of oppression and perceived oppression.

The “Continuing Conversations” program is a monthly lecture series offered by Sacred Heart since November 2022 featuring various faculty members, community practitioners in social work, and “other advocates for social and racial justice,” according to the description page.

Those who attend the series will be able to “[r]ecognize and clearly identify institutional barriers experienced by historically marginalized and underrepresented students and faculty” and “[f]oster an environment where allyship groups, collaborative projects and initiatives may be established and potentially funded,” among other learning goals.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2023/07/catholic-university-teaches-transphobia-and-fatphobia-are-products-of-racism-perpetuated-through-religion/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji