Author Topic: Biden now targeting home water heaters for more government rules as crackdown on home appliances con  (Read 426 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden now targeting home water heaters for more government rules as crackdown on home appliances continues

The Biden administration has proposed  tightening efficiency standards for new residential water heaters - a move it said would save consumers $11.4bn a year

The DOE has already rolled out new efficiency standards for other appliances, such as gas stoves, clothes washers, refrigerators and air conditioners

It marks the latest chapter in Biden's war on appliances that his administration claims will save Americans money
By JAMES GORDON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 01:48 EDT, 23 July 2023 | UPDATED: 17:28 EDT, 24 July 2023

The U.S. Department of Energy is now turning its attention to household water heaters as the Biden administration continues to target everyday home appliances for further regulations.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12328151/Heated-regulations-Biden-targeting-home-water-heaters-government-rules-crackdown-home-appliances-continues.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

a move it said would save consumers $11.4bn a year

his administration claims will save Americans money

Note the subtle reason change for the government taking more control of our lives.  It's not to save the environment, it's now to save money. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson