Author Topic: 100+ STAKEHOLDERS OPPOSE THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION’S PROPOSED TAILPIPE EMISSION STANDARDS  (Read 370 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
100+ STAKEHOLDERS OPPOSE THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION’S PROPOSED TAILPIPE EMISSION STANDARDS
BY NICOLE JACOBS JUL. 17, 2023 Leave a Comment

Last week, 100 trade associations and stakeholders across the fuel and automotive value chain joined together to point out the flaws in the Environmental Protection Agency’s light, medium, and heavy duty tailpipe emission standards. These groups span a diverse range of impacted parties from across the country, including oil and natural gas trade associations, corn farmers, farm bureaus, ethanol producers, workforce associations, convenience stores and truck stop operators, refiners, and motor truck associations.

The group’s letter to President Biden emphasized significant concerns with the proposed rule, along with the need to protect access to affordable, reliable transportation. The organizations wrote:

“We share the goal of reduced greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions across the broader economy and, specifically, those from energy production, transportation and use by society. EPA’s proposals inhibit the marketplace from identifying the most efficient, lowest cost opportunities to reduce GHG emissions from vehicles and greatly restrict consumer choice. We are concerned that such a prescriptive policy is not in the best interest of the consumer or of U.S. energy and economic security.”

https://www.energyindepth.org/100-stakeholders-oppose-the-biden-administrations-proposed-tailpipe-emission-standards/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson