Author Topic: WaPo Makes Laughably False Claim Cold Kills Less Than Heat, Cites Biden’s EPA  (Read 409 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY H. STERLING BURNETT ON JUL 24, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

WaPo Makes Laughably False Claim Cold Kills Less Than Heat, Cites Biden’s EPA

uk senior coldThe title has been updated to reflect a mistyped word. –CCD ed.

The Washington Post’s (WaPo) dedicated (twice a week) climate columnist, Michael J. Coren, the so-called Climate Coach, posted an article stating as fact that high temperatures kill more people in the United States each year than cold temperatures. This is false.

Data and peer-reviewed research consistently show that far more people die in the United States annually from cold temperatures and cold-related health complications than from hot temperatures and heat-related health complications. [emphasis, links added]

Coren’s Climate Coach Column this week discussed the extremely hot temperatures occurring in mid-July around the globe, suggesting climate change is becoming so severe that the world needs a new scale to measure heat.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/wapo-makes-laughably-false-claim-cold-kills-more-than-heat-cites-bidens-epa/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson