Author Topic: SMH: Aussies Aren’t Engaging with the 43C (110F) Climate Crisis  (Read 527 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SMH: Aussies Aren’t Engaging with the 43C (110F) Climate Crisis
12 hours ago 
Essay by Eric Worrall

In Australia we call a 110F top temperature a warm Summer day – so when alarmists tell us these temperatures are a climate crisis, it leaves us Aussies a bit perplexed.

Scorched by burning questions, our answer should not be inaction

July 24, 2023 — 5.00am

Consider, for a moment, how many words your eyes tend to skip over when you read – if you still do – articles about the catastrophe we are, right now, in the midst of. My list would look something like this: floods; fire; record temperatures; ice melting; mass extinction; bleached coral; 1.5 degrees; 2 degrees; IPCC report; drought; heatwave; tipping point.

There are more, but I’d like you to keep reading.

I am writing this – and, full warning, this paragraph will bore you – at the end of a truly crazy period. The world has likely just seen its hottest two weeks on record. Nobody alive has lived through a hotter period. The people of Phoenix, Arizona endured almost three weeks with temperatures above 43 degrees. Climate change has combined with El Nino to produce almost literally unbelievable conditions. (At least all this gave me a new phrase: “heat dome”. This is apparently hot air trapped by the atmosphere. For now, my eyes slow down when I come across it; that will no doubt stop soon.)

As others have noted, such facts seem now barely to register in Australia.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/07/24/smh-aussies-arent-responding-to-the-43c-110f-climate-crisis/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson