Author Topic: James Hansen on Fire  (Read 280 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
James Hansen on Fire
« on: July 25, 2023, 09:49:59 am »
James Hansen on Fire
25 seconds ago Guest Blogger No Comments
By Robert Bradley Jr. — July 24, 2023

“Interestingly, none other than Michael Mann disagreed with Hansen’s climate acceleration hypothesis. Is it because Mann et al. know that doomerism is a political loser? Climate science is so political and PR-driven it is hard to know.

Recently in the Guardian, James Hansen unloaded on the complacent public for giving the world the current heat wave. How interesting, coming 35 years after he went alarmist to inspire exaggerated and falsified predictions of future temperature and sea-level-rise. And today, even alarmist scientists are pushing back on Hansen’s dire prediction of heating acceleration.

Here is another data point on the outlier Hansen. In 2006, he gave this ultimatum:

We have at most ten years—not ten years to decide upon action, but ten years to alter fundamentally the trajectory of global greenhouse emissio

This expired seven years ago, which should have shifted the public policy orientation of the author to adaptation rather than governmental/political mitigation.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/07/25/james-hansen-on-fire/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson