Author Topic: Ron DeSantis' Latest Staff Shakeup Is Part of a Pattern  (Read 343 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ron DeSantis' Latest Staff Shakeup Is Part of a Pattern
« on: July 25, 2023, 01:37:59 am »
Ron DeSantis' Latest Staff Shakeup Is Part of a Pattern
Time, Jul 24, 2023

Last week, the Florida governor fired roughly a dozen staffers and offloaded two top aides to a pro-DeSantis super PAC, signaling a campaign reset amid an existential crisis: He’s failed to meet fundraising goals, burned cash at an alarming clip, and has been faltering in the polls. If things don’t turn around soon, there may be more layoffs, according to sources familiar with the matter, who say that donors are exasperated with the campaign’s underwhelming performance thus far.

Yet the latest staff shakeup isn’t an anomaly within the arc of DeSantis’ career. It’s part of a larger pattern of a politician who has struggled to maintain a core group of trusted advisers or loyal employees.

During his five years in Congress, his office had one of the highest turnover rates in the House. No employed member from his victorious 2018 gubernatorial campaign team is working in a senior role on his 2024 presidential race. And things didn’t change when he became governor. In his first term, he fired staffers with enough regularity that some formed an emotional support group, according to a 2021 Politico report. Now, DeSantis is shedding staff only two months into his bid to beat out former President Donald Trump for the Republican nomination.

[...]

Yet those who’ve worked with the Florida governor before expect staff turnover to continue to plague his presidential bid. They say he has never been one to forge lasting emotional bonds with people who work for him. “The same struggle that he has with voters, he has with staff,” another Republican operative familiar with the DeSantis campaign operation tells TIME. “When things start to sour, it’s easy for staff to either leave on their own volition, or it’s easy for the boss to ultimately cut staff loose. There are no personal connections there.”

One person who has been at DeSantis’ side through every campaign is his wife Casey, who has a heavy influence over his political strategy. That dynamic has led some to doubt that any staffing changes can truly reorient the campaign when it will always be the two of them calling the shots. “His top advisor comes with the house,” the source close to DeSantis says. “It’s his wife. There’s no firing his spouse. The idea that DeSantis can do a reset is a complete fallacy.”

More:
https://time.com/6297153/ron-desantis-staff-shakeup-history/

Offline Hoodat

Re: Ron DeSantis' Latest Staff Shakeup Is Part of a Pattern
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 03:10:30 am »
lol
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2023, 03:22:27 am »
I can’t say that Ron DeSantis is the guy to get this country back on track. But somebody needs to break through somehow or we’ll be stuck with a candidate who supports tariffs and protectionism, wants to continue to overspend, and not too terribly long ago, believed that we can prevent default by printing money
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2023, 03:49:28 am »
I can’t say that Ron DeSantis is the guy to get this country back on track. But somebody needs to break through somehow or we’ll be stuck with a candidate who supports tariffs and protectionism

Another POV on tariffs....

"Every Republican President from Lincoln to Hoover…they would have said we need tariffs. We need to build up American industry.”. Robert Lighthizer sets the record straight on “free trade” and the history of the Right."(Video)

https://twitter.com/AmMomentOrg/status/1683563876133093376

Full podcast:

"The False God of Free Trade (fr. Amb. Robert Lighthizer)". (Video)

https://rumble.com/embed/v2zef7k/?pub=4

« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 03:50:16 am by Right_in_Virginia »