Author Topic: Former White House Coronavirus Task Force adviser Deborah Birx named CEO of pharmaceutical company,  (Read 615 times)

Online mountaineer

Show of hands: who's surprised?
Former White House Coronavirus Task Force adviser Deborah Birx named CEO of pharmaceutical company, has been active in private sector since leaving government positions
Paul Sacca
July 22, 2023

Deborah Birx – the former White House Coronavirus Task Force coordinator under former President Donald Trump – has been named as the CEO of a pharmaceutical company.

In a July 11 press release, Armata Pharmaceuticals announced that Birx, 67, would be the new chief executive officer of the biotechnology company. ...

Birx announced her retirement in December 2020 during an interview by saying, "I want the Biden administration to be successful. I've worked since 1980 in the federal government, first through the military, then through [the Department of Health and Human Services], and then detailed to the State Department and detailed here, where I hope I was helpful. I will be helpful in any role people think I can be helpful in, and then I will retire."

Birx left her position as White House Coronavirus Response Coordinator in January 2021, according to a LinkedIn profile. ...

In March 2021, Birx became a senior fellow at the George W. Bush Presidential Center, which said: "Deborah L. Birx, M.D., has spent her career serving the United States, first as an Army Colonel and later, running some of the most high-profile and influential programs at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and U.S. Department of State." ...
Full story at The Blaze
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
You mean a private sector company actually hired her? Yeah, I'm kind of surprised.

I would have expected K Street or a university job.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

Offline PeteS in CA

You mean a private sector company actually hired her? Yeah, I'm kind of surprised.

I would have expected K Street or a university job.

Armata Pharmaceuticals seems to be in long-term start-up mode, seeking investor funding to fund R & D (= they do not have a product on the market or very far into FDA testing). Birx will probably function as a figurehead symbol to attract investment $$.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Kamaji

Armata Pharmaceuticals seems to be in long-term start-up mode, seeking investor funding to fund R & D (= they do not have a product on the market or very far into FDA testing). Birx will probably function as a figurehead symbol to attract investment $$.

They probably do the initial research and testing, and when they have a viable candidate, they probably sell it or spin it off into its own company.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
As a longtine Federal employee, failure is often rewarded.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
As a longtine Federal employee, failure is often rewarded.

In the private sector you get promoted up to your level of incompetence. In the public sector you can never reach that level.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

In the private sector you get promoted up to your level of incompetence. In the public sector you can never reach that level.

:thumbsup:

Online mountaineer

The more incompetent, the better. See also Jennifer Granholm, Pete Buttigieg, Kamala Harris, et al.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The more incompetent, the better. See also Jennifer Granholm, Pete Buttigieg, Kamala Harris, et al.

The list of incompetents in government is a long one indeed! As the old saying goes;

"Those who can do, those who can't teach, and the rest run for office."
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien