Author Topic: MSNBC’s Wallace: ‘Sick and Sad and Angry’ over ‘Wildly Racist’ DeSantis  (Read 573 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
MSNBC’s Wallace: ‘Sick and Sad and Angry’ over ‘Wildly Racist’ DeSantis

Pam Key 24 Jul 2023

MSNBC anchor Nicolle Wallace said Monday on her show “Deadline” that she was “sick and sad and angry” over “wildly racist ” Gov. Ron DeSantis’ (R-FL) “whitewashed new education standards.”

When asked about Florida’s new education curriculum that teaches some black people benefitted from skills they learned as slaves, DeSantis said, “I didn’t do it. I wasn’t involved in it, but I think — I think what they’re doing is, I think that they’re probably going to show some of the folks that eventually parlayed, you know, being a blacksmith into doing things later in life.”

Wallace said, “That was Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis defending but not taking a lick of responsibility for his state’s outrageous, inhumane whitewashed new education standards.”

She continued, “This is a stain on American history. And I think reality on earth two wins when we take the bait and even dignify the debate. I want you to tell me what you think is happening when Ron DeSantis stands at a podium and says, ‘I didn’t do this.’ This wildly racist thing about not just erasing history but then reteaching what slavery is. It benefited some people. What is that?”

Panelist Eddie Glaude said, “I think he understands that there is a limit to the sorts of claims that one can make without being overtly racist, even though they have already been overtly racist.”

Wallace said, “I feel sick inside and angry on all these levels and then I go deeper. I feel sick and sad and angry that there are people that buy it. I feel sick and sad and angry that DeSantis is selling it. I feel sick and sad and angry when I watch him stand there and say it’s so repugnant, ‘I didn’t do it.’ And then I feel really sick and sad and angry about all the people that it will impact. I also think that people that are putting this garbage into the education system haven’t talked to a 10-year-old lately. They don’t see color. They don’t see all the hubbub with gender. A child isn’t born with hate in their heart. I really, really worry that not just this is being peddled but this is being bought.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/07/24/msnbcs-wallace-sick-and-sad-and-angry-over-wildly-racist-desantis/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

The curriculum was basically created by two black people. Maybe Wallace should take it up with them and tell them what racists they are.  :silly:

Offline Kamaji

The curriculum was basically created by two black people. Maybe Wallace should take it up with them and tell them what racists they are.  :silly:

:thumbsup:

Online mountaineer

Quisha King aka Keisha King
@ImQuishaK
Slavery is and always will be despicable.

Some enslaved Africans brought skills with them, some learned skills when they got here. As slavery went on, industries developed and they learned new skills.

When freedom came those who had skills in some cases were better off than the slave owner, the reason is obvious and needs no explanation.

Slaves having ownership of their skills and the ownership of their mind to use for their personal benefit is something NO ONE could take from them.

If after reading this, your interpretation is any version of ‘slavery was good/beneficial’ you need to return to 3rd grade for a brush up on reading comprehension.

These are the facts.  They are well documented by former slaves,  historians and personal stories.  It is a testament of their resilience.

Yours truly,

-Great great granddaughter of a former slave who used his skills to benefit his family and his progeny.
1:06 AM · Jul 29, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Question For Leftists: Why Do You Want To Rob Black Slaves Of Their Rich History?
By: Eddie Scarry
July 28, 2023
Another media-manufactured controversy in recent days, which naturally fixated on their Florida bugaboo, relates to the way K-12 public schools in the state will instruct students on African American studies, slavery in particular.

The curriculum is comprehensive, with lessons ranging from contributions to influential art and literature by blacks to their participation in the Armed Forces to the Civil Rights Movement. And, of course, much of it deals with the history of slavery, the part that supposedly bothers people like The New York Times’ Jamelle Bouie.  ...

They’d rather not talk about the things included in Florida’s guidelines. That is to say, the actual history of slavery, which was a global practice — in many places, it still is — and touched everywhere from Asia to Europe to Africa, where the Atlantic Slave Trade began.

Yes, Africans traded slaves. No, the inconvenient truth doesn’t erase America’s past, and no one said it did.

Then there’s this piece of the curriculum for grades 6-8 on “the various duties and trades performed by slaves,” like carpentry and field cropping, which also requires that classroom lesson “includes how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.”

Here’s how NBC News interpreted that line: “New Florida standards teach students that some Black people benefited from slavery because it taught useful skills.”

That is explicitly not what the guidelines say
. They say that while enslaved, blacks learned things of note. ...
The Federalist
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org