Author Topic: Texas Announces Exit From Leftist-Controlled Voter-Roll ‘Management’ Group ERIC  (Read 417 times)

Offline Kamaji

Texas Announces Exit From Leftist-Controlled Voter-Roll ‘Management’ Group ERIC

BY: SHAWN FLEETWOOD
JULY 24, 2023

Following the lead of other Republican-led states, Texas announced last week it will be withdrawing from the leftist-controlled voter-roll management group known as ERIC later this year.

As The Federalist has previously reported, the Electronic Registration Information Center, or ERIC, is a widely used voter-roll management organization founded by Democrat activist David Becker that was “sold to states as a quick and easy way to update their voter rolls.” In actuality, ERIC inflates voter rolls by requiring member states to contact eligible but unregistered residents and encouraging them to register to vote.

In a letter sent to ERIC Executive Director Shane Hamlin on Thursday, Director of Elections Christina Adkins informed the organization that Texas would be terminating its ERIC membership “effective 91 days from the date of this letter.” The date of resignation is in accordance with ERIC’s bylaws, according to the document.

Texas’ withdrawal from ERIC was made possible by legislation signed into law last month by Gov. Greg Abbott that permits the state to contract with a separate private sector data system instead of ERIC, which according to its website, is “funded and governed by states that choose to join.” As noted in SB 1070, Texas is required to “cooperate with other states and jurisdictions to develop systems” that clean its voter rolls.

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2023/07/24/texas-announces-exit-from-leftist-controlled-voter-roll-management-group-eric/

Offline Kamaji

Good for Texas!!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Good for Texas!!

:yowsa: Absolutely! More than good in fact!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien