Author Topic: ‘Magnet for more prostitutes’  (Read 218 times)

Offline Kamaji

‘Magnet for more prostitutes’
« on: July 24, 2023, 11:44:24 am »
Hochul facing criticism over new health care program for sex workers: ‘Magnet for more prostitutes’

By Carl Campanile
July 23, 2023

Gov. Kathy Hochul’s administration is going to bat for the “world’s oldest profession” by launching a free health care program for sex workers — a move critics are slamming as encouraging a campaign to decriminalize prostitution, The Post has learned.

The state Health Department of Health has awarded $1 million in public funds combined over two years to two contractors as part of the new “sex worker health pilot program.”

Under the initiative, sex workers in New York City and western New York will be provided with primary, sexual and behavioral health care, as well as dental care.

But some rapped the Hochul administration over the taxpayer-funded program — which is launching without approval of the state Legislature — saying it encourages vice.

“The Democrats in New York are pushing everything that is antithetical to the norms of society,” said state Assemblyman Sam Pirozzolo (R-Staten Island).

“What are they going to have, a prostitution card? This is a 100 percent step in the direction to decriminalize prostitution,” said Pirozzolo, adding the goal should be to discourage, not encourage, prostitution.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/23/kathy-hochul-launches-ny-health-care-program-for-sex-workers/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: ‘Magnet for more prostitutes’
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2023, 05:50:56 pm »
Do these knuckleheads REALLY  think this will cause hordes of women to suddenly decide they want to become prostitutes?

I know I am more than a little out of touch with modern morality,but the last I heard on this subject,prostitution was NOT a high status job,with everyone staring at them in envy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!