Author Topic: Americans Who Say Immigration Is a ‘Good Thing’ Falls to Lowest Level in a Decade  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Americans Who Say Immigration Is a ‘Good Thing’ Falls to Lowest Level in a Decade
New polling reinforces the partisan divide on immigration. While 73% of Republicans want to decrease immigration – matching a 1995 high – just 18% of Democrats feel the same way.

By Josephine Rozzelle
|
July 13, 2023

The percentage of Americans who think immigration is a “good thing” is the lowest it has been since 2014, according to a Gallup poll published Wednesday that shows 68% of respondents support immigration in 2023.

The survey results represent a 2-point decrease since last year and a 9-point decrease since 2020 when the share of Americans who view immigration positively reached an all-time high of 77%. The percentage of respondents who think immigration is a “bad thing” has likewise increased over the last three years, with 27% currently having a negative view.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2023-07-13/americans-who-say-immigration-is-a-good-thing-falls-to-lowest-level-in-a-decade?src=usn_tw
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson