Author Topic: Sanctuary cities have regrets as flood of illegal migrants continues  (Read 158 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sanctuary cities have regrets as flood of illegal migrants continues
Nearly 100,000 migrants have come to New York City this year.

By The Center Square Staff
By Casey Harper
Updated: July 23, 2023 - 11:00pm

Leaders of major metros around the U.S. have pushed for more progressive immigration policies in recent years by declaring themselves safe havens for illegal immigrants. Now, however, as the realities of the financial and social impacts of those policies sink in, some local leaders are thinking twice.

Millions of illegal immigrants have flowed across the southern border since President Joe Biden took office, with many seeking haven in self-proclaimed "sanctuary cities."

“The policies of the Biden administration have certainly upped the ante on this sort of virtue signaling in recent years,” Ira Mehlman from the Federation for American Immigration Reform told The Center Square, referring to sanctuary cities. “Some 2.3 million new illegal aliens have entered the country since Biden took office, and a lot of them have wound up in these sanctuary jurisdictions, either on their own, transported by the federal government, or transported by other jurisdictions that simply cannot handle the influx.”

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/sanctuary-cities-have-regrets-flood-illegal-migrants-continues
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson