Author Topic: June Border Numbers Worse than They May Appear  (Read 167 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
June Border Numbers Worse than They May Appear
« on: July 24, 2023, 10:32:59 am »
June Border Numbers Worse than They May Appear

PUBLISHED:  Thu, JUL 20th 2023 @ 5:06 pm EDT
Illegal border crossings at the southern border dropped sharply in June, much to the delight of the Biden Administration, but the number of illegal aliens who tried to enter at ports of entry along the border increased for the second straight month.

There were 211,575 encounters of illegal aliens at and between ports of entry in June, compared to 275,245 in May. But those numbers don't include illegal aliens who were paroled into the country through ports of entry not located along the southern border. The Biden Administration has been urging would-be illegal border crossers to schedule appointments at any port of entry through its CBP One phone app or by applying for one of the 140,000 parole spots that it's offering to aliens from Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua, and Venezuela.

June marked the 16th consecutive month that total border encounters of illegal aliens at the southern border exceeded 200,000. June's 211,575 encounters is more than double the total number of illegal-alien encounters at the southern border in June 2019 prior to the COVID-19 pandemic and nearly four times the number of encounters in June 2018.

Acting CBP Commissioner Troy Miller stated:

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/june-border-numbers-worse-they-may-appear
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson