Author Topic: ‘This is going to be bad.’ Fresno city launches new rules over ‘uptick’ in street vendors  (Read 183 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘This is going to be bad.’ Fresno city launches new rules over ‘uptick’ in street vendors

Melissa Montalvo
Sat, July 22, 2023 at 6:18 PM EDT

Jaime Gómez parks his mobile hot dog cart on Olive Avenue as he prepares to sell bacon-wrapped dogs to visitors of Fresno’s arts and culture district. He’s the only mobile food vendor in sight on this Wednesday night, but more will come after 9 p.m. or so, he says.

Even in triple-digit heat, Gomez is expecting a late and busy night, he told The Bee, because people will be hungry after drinking and dancing at nearby Tower District bars and nightclubs. That’s especially true on the weekends, he says.

“By 1:30 a.m.,” he says in Spanish, “the sidewalks are full” with street vendors and customers buying tacos, hot dogs and other late night food.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/going-bad-fresno-city-launches-221838168.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson