Author Topic: Where Will All the Wind Turbines Go?  (Read 882 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Where Will All the Wind Turbines Go?
« on: July 24, 2023, 09:31:11 am »
Where Will All the Wind Turbines Go?
.By Hugo Putuhena & Fraser Sturt , Susan Gourvenec

To reach net zero, the world may need as many 200,000 offshore wind turbines generating 2,000 gigawatts (GW) of energy.

To put this in context, by the end of 2022, 63 GW of offshore wind capacity had been installed worldwide. Within the next 28 years, the offshore wind energy sector needs to expand so that it is capable of producing 32 times its current energy capacity.

But where do we put all these extra offshore wind farms? Their locations will need to be chosen in order to maximise their energy output and their social benefits, while ensuring they have the minimum impact possible on the environment. Balancing all these factors is not a straightforward task.

How much space do we need?

https://www.realclearscience.com/articles/2023/07/05/where_will_all_the_wind_turbines_go_963995.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Where Will All the Wind Turbines Go?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2023, 05:59:34 pm »
Land fills and scrap yards.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2023, 06:01:08 pm »
That amount of wind turbines will have a significant deleterious effect on the local micro-climates where they are placed.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2023, 06:01:37 pm »
 ////00000////

Dump them in the Mariana Trench.  It's deep enough.  Outta sight, outta mind.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2023, 09:53:11 pm »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2023, 11:35:09 pm »
I don't know why the didn't put them up in space where the solar wind always blows.  :shrug: :laugh:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2023, 01:30:53 pm »
But how can there be wind when space is a vacuum, with nothing there?  What's  actually blowing?

atomic and subatomic particles streaming off the Sun, and coming in from interstellar space (although, down at the Earth level, cosmic rays from interstellar space are not particularly dense).

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2023, 01:31:08 pm »
But how can there be wind when space is a vacuum, with nothing there?  What's  actually blowing?

That is just me trying to point out how ridiculous wind turbines are. @Jack Russell
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Idiot

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2023, 01:38:41 pm »
That is just me trying to point out how ridiculous wind turbines are. @Jack Russell
How the heck are you?  You still doing some cabinet work or completely retired now?  I knew you had some health issues, but sure great to see you back on here.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2023, 01:42:50 pm »
How the heck are you?  You still doing some cabinet work or completely retired now?  I knew you had some health issues, but sure great to see you back on here.

I' m pretty much retired and disabled. I am feeling well enough to post but spend the majority of my time in bed. Thanks for asking.