Author Topic: CNBC names Texas worst state to 'live and work' in for not bending to far-left agenda  (Read 834 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Blaze by Chris Enloe July 19, 2023

CNBC names Texas worst state to 'live and work' in for not bending to far-left agenda — but census data blows apart that narrative

CNBC has declared that Texas is the worst state in the United States to "live and work."

Last Friday, the news outlet published its annual list of "America's 10 worst states to live and work in for 2023." Unsurprisingly, the list features 10 red states — but, surprisingly, claims the Lone Star State is the worst of them all.

So what exactly makes Texas so bad? Is it the freedom? No income tax? Lots of space to build? Nope. According to CNBC, Texas is the worst U.S. state to live and work in because of its laws protecting unborn life, laws "targeting" LGBT people, and the state's overall issues with "inclusiveness."

From CNBC:

With the nation’s highest percentage of people without health insurance and the second lowest number of primary care physicians per capita, all those new Texans are arriving to find a dismal health care system. Texas has the nation’s thirteenth-highest violent crime rate, and it ranks thirty seventh for licensed childcare facilities per capita.The Lone Star State keeps hacking away at inclusiveness, with laws targeting the LGBTQ+ population, voting rights, and the nation’s strictest abortion ban.

More: https://www.theblaze.com/news/cnbc-texas-worst-state-live-work

Online Kamaji

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
'No One Needs An AR-15' Says Person Who's Obviously Never Seen The Cockroaches In Texas

EVANSVILLE, IN — Local man Heath Bentley declared to his friend Gill today that no person needs an AR-15, displaying his obvious ignorance of Texas cockroaches.

"Five minutes down there, that boy would be begging for a bazooka," said Corpus Christi native Gill Marek. "An AR-15 is the smallest weapon anyone would dare to take those suckers on with."

Mr. Bentley betrayed his utter lack of knowledge about the behemoths upon telling Mr. Marek that he could not comprehend why any civilian would need an AR-15. "You know the saying that everything's bigger in Texas?" responded Mr. Marek. "The cockroaches are no exception, buddy. I once turned on the light and found a cockroach sitting in the La-Z-Boy, smoking a cigar he'd stolen out of my humidor. He'd torn the front door right off the hinges and made himself at home. There wouldn't be any civilians left in Texas if it weren't for AR-15s."

After researching Texas-sized cockroaches, Mr. Bentley reportedly had an immediate change of heart about AR-15 ownership. "Their exoskeleton is so thick, it's impervious to shotgun blasts," said Mr. Bentley. "I had no idea about the history of the AR-15, that it was only invented to battle the cockroaches. Apparently the 'AR' stands for 'Anti-Roach'. Who knew?"

https://babylonbee.com/news/no-one-needs-an-ar-15-says-person-whos-obviously-never-seen-the-cockroaches-in-texas

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Good.  Hopefully more people will be convinced to stay away from Texas. The more people that don't move to Texas, the better it will be for Texas.
Let it burn.

Online libertybele

Good.  Hopefully more people will be convinced to stay away from Texas. The more people that don't move to Texas, the better it will be for Texas.

...unless they are conservative and know better.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:yowsa:  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online cato potatoe

This is precisely why they should bus a million illegals to Sacramento. 

Online libertybele

This is precisely why they should bus a million illegals to Sacramento.

I understand your point, but they should be letting ILLEGALS in, in the first place.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

I understand your point, but they should be letting ILLEGALS in, in the first place.

Illegals come here for the free stuff.  Stop giving out free stuff, and illegals stop coming.  No different from the drug trade.  When America decides to stop doing illegal drugs, thus eliminating the economic incentive for drug traffickers to smuggle drugs here, then drug traffickers stop smuggling drugs here.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline berdie

Yep. I just don't think the article went far enough. In addition to the gun toting, Bible clinging rednecks (c'est moi) there are ginormous bugs and enormous snakes. A plethora of snakes and bugs, I tell ya! It's hot as Hades in the summer and the winter "spells" can be brutal. Ask anyone that is having a blast this summer or lived thru 2021 Icemeggdon...just ask.

It's just a lousy state to live in so check it out before your move. /s :terror:

Offline MajorClay

A badge of honor.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Start arresting Pirate Capital bigwigs for owning private contract companies that hire underage, illegal children to clean meat processing plants.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas man loses both arms, part of his feet after a single flea bite

New York Post  By Katherine Donlevy   July 22, 2023

More: https://nypost.com/2023/07/22/texas-man-loses-both-arms-part-of-his-feet-after-a-single-flea-bite/

A single flea bite has cost a Texas man both of his arms and part of his feet, his family said.

“He was the victim of a severe and traumatic bite from one single flea,” Hardaway said.

Doctors told the family that the type of typus Kohlhof suffered is extremely rare in the US.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, flea-borne typhus occurs in tropical and subtropical climates around the world, including areas of the United Stateflea bit nys — namely southern California, Hawaii and Texas.

Don't come to Texas.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Am I the only one wondering how much  Texas paid him to write that?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!