Author Topic: Biden Admin. Responsible for Largest Expansion of Legal Immigration in 30 Years  (Read 175 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Admin. Responsible for Largest Expansion of Legal Immigration in 30 Years

PUBLISHED:  Fri, JUL 21st 2023 @ 11:37 am EDT
According to a recent report by CBS News, the Biden Administration has imported over half a million migrants under programs designed to keep the same inflow of foreign nationals while lowering the reported numbers of illegal aliens encountered at the Southwest Border.

CBS News reports that the Biden Administration "[used] a 1950s law to launch the largest expansion of legal immigration in modern U.S. history." The article continues:

In less than two years, the Administration has allowed at least 541,000 migrants to enter the U.S. through the immigration parole authority, which gives federal officials the power to authorize the entry of foreigners who lack visas, according to internal government statistics, court records, and public reports.

The unprecedented use of the parole authority has allowed officials to divert migration away from the southern border by offering would-be migrants a legal and safe alternative to journeying to the U.S. with the help of smugglers and entering the country unlawfully. It has also given the Administration a faster way to resettle refugees as it attempts to rebuild a resettlement system gutted by drastic Trump-era cuts.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/biden-admin-responsible-largest-expansion-legal-immigration-30-years
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson