Author Topic: Sanctuary City Los Angeles Protects Nearly 800 Criminal Illegal Aliens from Deportation in 2022  (Read 149 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sanctuary City Los Angeles Protects Nearly 800 Criminal Illegal Aliens from Deportation in 2022

JOHN BINDER21 Jul 2023137
2:23
The sanctuary city of Los Angeles, California, is bragging about its policy protecting nearly 800 criminal illegal aliens from arrest and deportation by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency last year.

A report issued by the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) reveals the extent to which city officials impose a strict sanctuary policy to shield criminal illegal aliens from being turned over to ICE agents, even when they are arrested for local crimes.

In 2022, the LAPD received 783 detainers from ICE — requests that criminal illegal aliens be turned over to the federal agency for arrest and deportation. In every case, the ICE detainer was ignored and likely hundreds of those in police custody were directly released back into the community.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/07/21/sanctuary-city-los-angeles-protects-nearly-800-criminal-illegal-aliens-from-deportation-in-2022/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson