Author Topic: Electric vehicles struggle to hold up amid heat wave roasting US  (Read 237 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Electric vehicles struggle to hold up amid heat wave roasting US
Story by Eden Villalovas • Yesterday 10:24 AM

Electric vehicle owners can expect to take on additional preparations as the summer months heat up and vehicle performance declines.

The United States has broken a number of extreme heat records this year, and millions have received weather advisories as the heat wave is set to continue in the U.S. Southwest. An increase in temperatures means EV drivers may see their car battery power running low more frequently.

It’s been documented that cold weather has been proven to impact the range of electric vehicles, causing some cars to lose up to 35% of their range in freezing conditions, as shown in a study conducted by Recurrent Auto.

Additionally, warmer temperatures can also have a number of adverse effects on EVs, such as reducing the battery's state of health faster.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/electric-vehicles-struggle-to-hold-up-amid-heat-wave-roasting-us/ar-AA1ecP9m?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c2d063d847fe44ae8fcd4cdb5c98e397&ei=62
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson