Author Topic: California school board boots state official from meeting and bans secret gender transitions  (Read 913 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California school board boots state official from meeting and bans secret gender transitions
Story by Jeremiah Poff • Friday

The top California education official was booted from a Southern California school board meeting right before the school board voted to require school staff to inform parents if their child identifies as transgender.

Tony Thurmond, the state superintendent of public instruction, arrived at the school board meeting for Chino Valley Unified School District in Southern California to oppose a measure that would require schools to inform parents if children tell school staff they are transgender.

Thurmond spoke during the community engagement portion and, according to board President Sonja Shaw, was removed from the meeting after he exceeded the allotted one-minute speaking time. The state official said he was "forcibly removed" in a tweet following the meeting.

"Tonight I went to a school board meeting to stand up for LGBTQ+ students who invited me to join them as they spoke out against a radical new policy that threatens their safety," he tweeted. "When done speaking, the board president verbally attacked me an instructed the police to remove me. I don’t mind being thrown out of a board meeting by extremists. I can take the heat — it’s part of the job. What I can’t accept is the mistreatment of vulnerable students whose privacy is being taken away."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/california-school-board-boots-state-official-from-meeting-and-bans-secret-gender-transitions/ar-AA1ebdzT?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c2d063d847fe44ae8fcd4cdb5c98e397&ei=35
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

"Tonight I went to a school board meeting to stand up for LGBTQ+ students who invited me to join them as they spoke out against a radical new policy that threatens their safety," he tweeted. "When done speaking, the board president verbally attacked me an instructed the police to remove me. I don’t mind being thrown out of a board meeting by extremists. I can take the heat — it’s part of the job. What I can’t accept is the mistreatment of vulnerable students whose privacy is being taken away."

When was the last time he went to a meeting to support the majority of students and parents?  My guess is never.  It says it all about California's "public" schools. :banghead:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Thurmond was elected in 2022 and took off about 7 months ago, IIRC. I voted for Marshal Tuck. Thurmond was not invited to speak by the board and thus was subject to the 1 minute limit. If he was "forcibly" removed it was because he refused to comply when requested to yield to the next person to speak and resisted.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

California school superintendent booted from district board meeting after opposing new transgender policy
By Nicholas McEntyre
July 22, 2023 3:20am  Updated

California’s state superintendent of schools was kicked out of a board meeting Thursday night, where he opposed a district’s policy to require teachers to notify parents of students that identify as transgender.

Tony Thurmond, 54, clashed with Chino Valley Unified School District official Sonja Shaw which prompted people in attendance to tell the educator to “leave our kids alone.”

“I come before you as a parent tonight but we can debate all of the laws and all of the policies and practices, I ask you to consider this- that nearly half of students who identify as being LGBTQ+ are considering suicide,” Thurmond began.

“The policy that you consider tonight not only may fall outside the of the laws that respect privacy and safety for our students but may put our students at risk because they may not be in homes where they can be safe,”

Shaw, cut Thurmond off, claiming his allotted time was up as she railed against the state official, blaming him for putting the school district in the position it was in.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/22/california-school-superintendent-tony-thurmond-booted-from-district-board-meeting-after-opposing-new-transgender-policy/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 02:13:52 pm by rangerrebew »
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I guess he feels all California kids should be like Hitler youth and have allegiance to the state only. :pondering:
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

“I come before you as a parent tonight but we can debate all of the laws and all of the policies and practices, I ask you to consider this- that nearly half of students who identify as being LGBTQ+ are considering suicide,” Thurmond began.

Total bullshit.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Then you should consider WHY that really is and recognize them as mentally Ill.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline mountaineer

San Diego Unified sending students and teachers instructions on how to change genders w/o telling parents.

https://twitter.com/justin_hart/status/1696977373554528623
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Then you should consider WHY that really is and recognize them as mentally Ill.

:thumbsup: