Author Topic: Half of Threads’ users have dropped off as Meta app struggles to hold attention  (Read 614 times)

Offline Kamaji

Half of Threads’ users have dropped off as Meta app struggles to hold attention

By Shannon Thaler   
July 20, 2023

Threads may not be the “Twitter killer” app Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg hoped it would be.

The Instagram-linked Threads has seen users flee in droves since it became the toast of the social media world at the beginning of the month, according to analytics company Similarweb,

The most recent data shows Threads ‘ daily active users plummeted to 23.6 million on July 14 after hitting a peak of 49 million on July 7.

Elon Musk-owned Twitter, meanwhile, had about 107 million users on July 14, according to Similarweb, which tracks usage only on the social media platform’s Android app.

Last week, Zuckerberg crowed that his app was downloaded more than 100 million times since launching on July 5. He has been noticeably silent since.

The tech titans have been at war over the rival apps, with the billionaires reportedly ready to duke it out in a cage match brawl.

Musk’s legal team has also threatened to sue Meta for allegedly stealing trade secrets by hiring away former Twitter workers.

But that may be a less pressing issue if Threads’ continues on its current path.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/20/threads-users-halved-in-wake-of-launch/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The censoring on Threads was even worse than the censoring on Bookface. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
All I know about social media is that it promised the stars and delivered the sewer.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I thought about making an account for TBR like I have on Twitter, Truth Social and Gettr....glad I didn't.

I guess they will all be heading back to twitter which has been very slow lately..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought about making an account for TBR like I have on Twitter, Truth Social and Gettr....glad I didn't.

I guess they will all be heading back to twitter which has been very slow lately..

Zuck's Thread would have locked our account in less than a week.  Glad I didn't set that up, too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

Zuck's Thread would have locked our account in less than a week.  Glad I didn't set that up, too.

:thumbsup:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

It was an easy decision..I have my hands full with 4 sites now!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34