Author Topic: Google, Meta, other tech companies agree on Biden’s AI safeguards  (Read 426 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Google, Meta, other tech companies agree on Biden’s AI safeguards
By The Associated Press
 Jul 21, 10:29 AM

Amazon, Google, Meta, Microsoft and other companies that are leading the development of artificial intelligence technology agreed to meet a set of AI safeguards brokered by President Joe Biden’s administration.

The White House said Friday that it has secured voluntary commitments from seven U.S. companies meant to ensure their AI products are safe before they release them. Some of the commitments call for third-party oversight of the workings of commercial AI systems, though they don’t detail who will audit the technology or hold the companies accountable.

A surge of commercial investment in generative AI tools that can write convincingly human-like text and churn out new images and other media has brought public fascination as well as concern about their ability to trick people and spread disinformation, among other dangers.

The four tech giants, along with ChatGPT-maker OpenAI and startups Anthropic and Inflection, have committed to security testing “carried out in part by independent experts” to guard against major risks, such as to biosecurity and cybersecurity, the White House said in a statement.

https://www.c4isrnet.com/it-networks/2023/07/21/google-meta-other-tech-companies-agree-on-bidens-ai-safeguards/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Google, Meta, other tech companies agree on Biden’s AI safeguards
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2023, 06:14:23 pm »
As Hitler showed Russia, government agreements don't mean jack sh*t. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MOD3

Re: Google, Meta, other tech companies agree on Biden’s AI safeguards
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2023, 07:16:37 pm »
Moved thread to Technology