Author Topic: Teacher Heckles Students for Opposing Pride  (Read 380 times)

Online Kamaji

Teacher Heckles Students for Opposing Pride
« on: July 22, 2023, 05:18:42 pm »
Teacher Heckles Students for Opposing Pride

State of the Union: If you believed that a given behavior were moral, would you react like this if a sixth grader disagreed?

John Hirschauer
Jul 21, 2023

A Canadian journalist obtained a 15 minute recording of a teacher at Ontario's Northwood Public School berating her Muslim students for having skipped the beginning of the school's annual Pride Month celebration.

The teacher called the students' abstention an "incredible show of hatred" that she was "incredibly disgusting to have witnessed." The "whole staff," the board of education, and the superintendent were, she said, disappointed in their refusal to participate. Northwood's principal later denied that the teacher's views reflected the school's.

The recording contains several exchanges between the Muslim students and the teacher that are worth listening to in full. Here's a particularly revelatory one:

Student: "It's not that we're hating on [gay pride], it's just that we don't want to support it."

Teacher: "What would you think if I said, 'It's not that I hate Muslims, it's just that I won't support them.'"

Student: "But that's a religion."

Teacher: "This is the same thing."

I think the teacher meant that disapproving of a person's sexual behaviors is just as "bad" as disapproving of his religious beliefs. I don't think either is bad, frankly. But the plain-text reading of her remarks—"This is the same thing"—implies that gay pride, like Islam, is a religion. I think that's right, and I think you can tell it's right by the way people like this teacher insist on converting young children to their faith. As the teacher said:

"You have all voiced to me that you cannot change your religion in order to support LGBTQ. And that is wrong."

Source:  https://www.theamericanconservative.com/teacher-heckles-students-for-opposing-pride/

Online Kamaji

Re: Teacher Heckles Students for Opposing Pride
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2023, 05:19:21 pm »
These teachers are out of control.  This is in Canada, which is even more deeply in the sex-fascist pocket, but even so, this is coming to the U.S.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2023, 06:02:30 pm »
Wow!  Just wow!  No one should be allowed to ostracize 11 and 12-year-olds like this.  It would be one thing to pull them to the side individually and express your feelings to them.  But she did it in front of everyone, making them out to be villains.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2023, 06:22:33 pm »
I'm glad to see students rising up which is a good thing, but sadly teachers are out of control. I think they should be fired!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2023, 06:46:13 pm »
I'm glad to see students rising up which is a good thing, but sadly teachers are out of control. I think they should be fired!
YEP! 888high58888 :beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2023, 07:52:53 pm »
Oops, unintentional truthtelling: LGBTQ+XYZ really is a religion. Okay, a false cult, but still a religion.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org