Author Topic: From the Office of Ted Cruz  (Read 332 times)

Online libertybele

From the Office of Ted Cruz
« on: July 22, 2023, 04:51:02 pm »
Greetings,

We’ve had yet another eventful week on the ground in Washington, D.C. as the Senate convened to tackle the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which will authorize funding for our nation’s military in Fiscal Year (FY) 2024. I’m proud to have introduced several critical bipartisan amendments to the NDAA, including a big Texas win prohibiting further reductions in B-1 bombers, which are made in Abilene, Texas. I also secured an amendment to prohibit the sale of oil from America’s Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) to China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea.

China has been amassing the largest stockpile of crude oil in the world. At the same time, our own reserves have fallen to only 347 million barrels, the lowest level since 1983. Last year, the United States sold off part of our reserves to China. You would think existing law would prevent this, but that’s not the case. That’s what I’m trying to fix in this NDAA, and I’m pleased that my amendment got overwhelming bipartisan support this week.

However, not everyone in Washington was interested in bipartisanship this week. On Wednesday, I spoke out against Senate Democrats’ attempt to dictate to the Supreme Court how it should conduct itself. What the Democrats are trying to do is violate the Constitution’s separation of powers and weaponize the Court. As the ranking member of the Subcommittee on The Constitution, I will continue to defend the separation of powers and the structure of our Constitution so we prevent the unification of power in one branch of government.

This week, I joined Al Punto to discuss the Lone Star State’s economy. My priority is continuing to protect an environment where a small business can start, grow, and prosper. That means low and reasonable taxes, and predictable and reasonable regulations—not job-killing regulations. Unfortunately, the Biden administration is wrong on both of those fronts, and so I’m fighting to make sure we can keep the Texas economy thriving.

I also joined Jesse Waters on Fox News to discuss the damning IRS whistleblowers’ testimonies before Congress.

“Two different career IRS employees who go forward and they testified before the House, at great risk to themselves, that Attorney General Merrick Garland has committed multiple felonies. In particular, number one that he lied under oath to Congress actually in response to questioning from me before the Senate Judiciary Committee.”

Ted Cruz
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: From the Office of Ted Cruz
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2023, 10:57:13 pm »
I still maintain that  Cruz is either the smartest,or one of the smartest people in politics.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2023, 12:14:21 am »
I posted it as some in here have stated that he doesn't accomplish anything.  He absolutely does and trying to accomplish anything against the liberal agenda is no easy feat.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2023, 02:39:52 am »
I posted it as some in here have stated that he doesn't accomplish anything.  He absolutely does and trying to accomplish anything against the liberal agenda is no easy feat.
'Some' here still continue to believe the lies told about Cruz, his wife and father by a unnamed individual...but I can say he is is rude and orange...and no I'm envious or jealous :silly: :silly: :silly:

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2023, 02:40:31 am »
'Some' here still continue to believe the lies told about Cruz, his wife and father by a unnamed individual...but I can say he is is rude and orange...and no I'm envious or jealous :silly: :silly: :silly:

:silly: