Author Topic: Biden Admin Threatens to Sue Texas Over Floating Barrier Blocking Illegal Immigration  (Read 631 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Admin Threatens to Sue Texas Over Floating Barrier Blocking Illegal Immigration

Tom Ozimek
By Tom Ozimek
July 21, 2023

The Biden administration is threatening to sue the state of Texas unless officials remove floating border barriers recently set up in the middle of the Rio Grande river to keep out illegal immigrants.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) told Texas Gov. Greg Abbott in a July 20 letter obtained by The Epoch Times that the agency intends to take legal action to force the dismantling of what it called the Lone Star state’s “unlawful” floating barrier at Eagle Pass, a major point of illegal border crossings.

“Texas’s unauthorized construction of the floating barrier is a prima facie violation of the Rivers and Harbors Act. This floating barrier poses a risk to navigation, as well as public safety, in the Rio Grande River, and it presents humanitarian concerns,” wrote Todd Kim, an assistant attorney general, and Jaime Esparza, the U.S. attorney for the Western District of Texas.

https://www.ntd.com/biden-admin-threatens-to-sue-texas-over-floating-barrier-blocking-illegal-immigration_932301.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AMAZING!! Texas is trying to uphold the law and is being sued by the DOJ for trying to stop illegal immigration.  Talk about bass ackwards! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DOJ Demands Texas Remove Floating Border Barriers – ‘See You in Court,’ Says Governor

Bob Price 22 Jul 2023

The U.S. Department of Justice sent a letter to Texas Governor Greg Abbott threatening legal action if the State does not remove the recently installed floating border barrier. Governor Abbott responded on Twitter, saying, “We will see you in court, Mr. President.”

Assistant Attorney General Todd Kim and U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Texas Jaime Esparza sent a letter to Governor Abbott claiming the State illegally installed a floating border barrier in the Rio Grande near Eagle Pass, Texas. The letter claims the buoy barrier was installed without the approval of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The DOJ also claims the barrier violates the Rivers and Harbors Act by creating a hazard to navigation on the river.

Governor Abbott responded on Twitter and declared, “Texas has the sovereign right to defend our border, under the U.S. Constitution and the Texas Constitution.” The governor added that President Joe Biden’s refusal to secure the border “encourages migrants to risk their lives crossing illegally through the Rio Grande, instead of safely and legally over a bridge.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/07/22/doj-demands-texas-remove-floating-border-barriers-see-you-in-court-says-governor/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Stand tall, Texas!

Offline MOD3

Threads merged.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Abbott readies for battle

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,506434.0.html

While most people might feel a little uneasy about being sued by the Justice Department, it sounded almost like Gov. Greg Abbott was relishing the moment earlier today.

Shortly after we first reported that the Justice Department was going to sue Abbott and demand Texas remove barriers it deployed into the Rio Grande to stop migrants from crossing, the Republican was on social media making clear he’s itching to fight the Biden administration in the courts.

"We will continue to deploy every strategy to protect Texas and Americans — and the migrants risking their lives," Abbott said. "We will see you in court, Mr. President."

“Texas does not have authorization from the Corps to install the floating barrier and did not seek such authorization before doing so,” DOJ officials said in a letter to Abbott.

But Abbott’s administration is going to try to make the case that he has the right to supersede that law because Texas has “sovereign authority to defend our border, under the U.S. Constitution and the Texas Constitution.”

Online libertybele

Abbott has yet another battle on his hands.  I pray that he prevails! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You meanies!

The left NEEDS those illegal alien votes to turn America into a leftist nation,with the DNC being the ruling party.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan