Author Topic: Colorado Regulatory Commission Changes Name to Reflect Anti-Oil Mission  (Read 325 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Colorado Regulatory Commission Changes Name to Reflect Anti-Oil Mission

Heartland Author
July 19, 2023

By Joe Mueller
(The Center Square) – Colorado’s Oil and Gas Conservation Commission will now be known as the Energy and Carbon Management Commission within the Department of Natural Resources.

SB23-285, signed into law by Democratic Gov. Jared Polis in May, included the name change, effective July 1. The bill was sponsored by Sens. Kevin Priola, D-Boulder, and Chris Hansen, D-Denver, and Reps. Karen McCormick, D-Longmont, and Ruby Dickson, D-Greenwood Village.

The first two years of commission costs will include hiring technical experts, including three engineers. Lawmakers also appropriated funds for conducting four studies, including a $175,000 geothermal study. Costs also covered will be rule making, community outreach and engagement ($50,000 annually), agency coordination, creation of databases and forms, rebranding the commission ($25,000) and updating the commission’s website ($100,000). Stakeholder engagement and rule making are expected to take approximately two years, according to the fiscal note.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2023/07/colorado-regulatory-commission-changes-name-to-reflect-anti-oil-mission/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Colorado -- the "California of the Rockies"...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Colorado -- the "California of the Rockies"...

@Fishrrman

That's because Denver controls Colorado,and they have the ski resort leftists votes to back them up,and Denver is controlled by refugees from Ca.

It was like this when I was living there in the early 70's,and it has only gotten worse since then as more rich lefties leave CA and move to Colorado to escape all the poor refugees who have flooded Ca.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!