Author Topic: Team DeSantis Make It Official – They Will Shift Personnel, Drop Communications Director and Relaunc  (Read 2417 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Team DeSantis Make It Official – They Will Shift Personnel, Drop Communications Director and Relaunch Entire Campaign with New Approach

July 21, 2023 | Sundance | 373 Comments

It’s going to get a lot more huggy in the brand image of Team DeSantis 2.0

According to campaign officials, and those inside the operations, DeSantis will stop talking about Florida, tone down the wokeism and confrontation with the alphabet people, drop the expensive platform speeches and focus on small group meetings to help the candidate learn how to like people more. In essence, stop being the DeSantis campaign.

Yup, awful huggy. Gee, who could have seen this coming?

(Via NBC) – TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ campaign is planning a reboot, top campaign officials said, with a significant shift on messaging, events and media strategy.

Expect fewer big speeches and more handshaking in diners and churches. There will be more of a national focus than constant Florida references. And the mainstream media may start to get more access.

[…] Campaign filings show that the DeSantis campaign needs to figure out how to bring in more money and spend less. It fired roughly a dozen staffers last week. Donors and allies are pressing for a change. The poll numbers are stagnant. And rival GOP presidential candidates are smelling blood in the water.

“Downright low” is how a source who was present when the staffers were fired described morale these days. “The entire campaign is on the brink,” the person said. “I’ve never seen anything like it.”

The reboot is notable for a candidate who was perhaps the most widely expected GOP entrant in the 2024 race.

[…] The campaign postponed paying some of its outstanding bills until after the end of June, in part so its second-quarter financial report would show more money in the bank, the sources said. It’s not an uncommon practice for campaigns running up against big reporting deadlines, but it can obscure larger issues.

Top DeSantis aides acknowledge that the money situation has to be addressed. They plan to do it in part by cutting costs for his events. DeSantis won’t travel less, but his campaign appearances will begin to be leaner and more intimate.

[…] Cody Hall is joining the campaign as a senior communications adviser. He will remain a top political adviser to Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, having also served as communications director after he worked on his 2018 campaign for governor. Campaign spokesman Andrew Romeo is stepping into the communications director role, and Bryan Griffin will continue as press secretary.

The DeSantis campaign has already laid off roughly a dozen people, NBC News reported. Campaign officials said that, as of now, they don’t plan any more budget-related layoffs.

more
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2023/07/21/team-desantis-make-it-official-they-will-shift-personnel-drop-communications-director-and-relaunch-entire-campaign-with-new-approach/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Relaunch... reboot...
Re-tread.

Offline libertybele

Trump's attacks worked.  What are his supporters going to do when he's wearing an orange jump suit behind bars?

Again, unless the GOP seats a true conservative they will lose.  With DeSantis slowly leaving the picture, things aren't looking up at all.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump's attacks worked.  What are his supporters going to do when he's wearing an orange jump suit behind bars?

@libertybele

Obviously your wildest wet dream.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

I don't see him ever serving any jail time if convicted

Might make some deal. After all, he did write, "The Art of the Deal"  wink777

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

I don't see him ever serving any jail time if convicted

Might make some deal. After all, he did write, "The Art of the Deal"  wink777

The deal will be that he will avoid doing jail time if he agrees not to run for president.

Offline LMAO

The deal will be that he will avoid doing jail time if he agrees not to run for president.

Possibly. But then that would give him ammo in his claim that these charges were brought up only to keep him out of the race
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

There can be no doubt about that being the Dim plan.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@libertybele

There can be no doubt about that being the Dim plan.

It's also the Republican ant-Trump plan @sneakypete

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's also the Republican ant-Trump plan @sneakypete

@Right_in_Virginia

There is an actual difference between the DNC goals and the goals of the alleged Republican "Party People"?

@Right_in_Virginia

There is an actual difference between the DNC goals and the goals of the alleged Republican "Party People"?

Apparently not @sneakypete  **nononono*

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Conservativenuthouse as a source...excuse me if I'm skeptical.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
More Treehouse nonsense.  Remind me again when the election actually is?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
IMO if Trump doesn't get a majority, he shouldn't be the nominee. People shouldn't be able to win nominations based on pluralities alone.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Right_in_Virginia

Damn shame Pence isn't at the bottom. I would vote for anyone up there before I would vote for  him.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
IMO if Trump doesn't get a majority, he shouldn't be the nominee. People shouldn't be able to win nominations based on pluralities alone.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

I am guessing you think someone should only  win if YOU like them?

Online Hoodat

They can't.  Nominees must win a majority of delegates.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

• Technical
They can't.  Nominees must win a majority of delegates.

True, but IIRC Trump was able to gain delegates through winning a plurality in a state or in a few states in 2016 which IMO shouldn't happen. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Online Hoodat

What are his supporters going to do when he's wearing an orange jump suit behind bars?

What are we going to do with another $10 trillion added to the national debt from 2025-2028 regardless of whether Trump wins the general or not?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

What are we going to do with another $10 trillion added to the national debt from 2025-2028 regardless of whether Trump wins the general or not?

And I don’t hear anyone in the GOP 2024 race pounding the table on this issue

Trump wants to spend and print us into oblivion and DeSantis is over stressing the cultural issues

Where are the fiscal conservatives? I hope this issue becomes front and center as the primary race heats up but I’m not hearing much of anything now

Barry Goldwater

• Technical

Can our citizens live without the social programs or whetever they pay for? What about when the media starts printing stories about grannies eating dog food because of government cuts?

Offline LMAO

Can our citizens live without the social programs or whetever they pay for? What about when the media starts printing stories about grannies eating dog food because of government cuts?

Spending cuts are necessary or Americans will see declines in their standard of living with inflationary pressures

But, it’ll take leadership, and a strong political will, and I just don’t see that in anybody in the 2024 race on the Republican side, yet
« Last Edit: July 23, 2023, 06:48:02 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline berdie

Spending cuts are necessary or Americans will see declines in their standard of living with inflationary pressures

But, it’ll take leadership, and a strong political will, and I just don’t see that in anybody in the 2024 race on the Republican side, yet

I hate to say this, but I don't see the will or the desire by any politician to do what needs to be done. At the risk of sounding like a Debby Downer...we don't have country loving statemen any more.